Did you mean: 
Need help?

7de Laan quality

9 REPLIES 9
New poster

Re: 7de Laan quality

Thanks

Hi @Terminator, SABC currently sends us the title in SD but they are working on upgrading to HD, for the issue raised above we will have it looked at .~

New poster

Any feedback regarding this MC?

New poster

I hear you Geoff, but other programs are quality wise fine and also the aspect ratio for the decoder/tv. I did pick up that no matter how I try and change the aspect ration, the picture size/placement of the blackbars never changed in the catch up file. As stated earlier, I think they have a version for 3gp quality broadcasts mixed into the catch up..Smiley Happy

Red Carpet

The SABC is having teething problems with its conversion to HD on SABC 1,2,3. Very often in the morning, the aspect ratio is wrong for widescreen/HD. Then one has to change the aspect ratio, only to find it comes right a few minutes later, almost as if someone in the SABC comes on duty, detects the error and fixes it.

One would assume that someone has to take a decisionwith regard to what is going to be downloaded as far as CU is concerned, the SD version, or the HD version.

But it could also be the settings on your decoder/s and TV/s. Suggest you work through all the settings and see if they are in fact what you want them to be.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

This is on a 55 inch TV... The black around the picture is so big that the picture is only 32 inch big.. Obviously the aspect ration is haywire  as there is black bars top, bottom and sides

Doin' it 4 Tv

Great.

New poster

I will try to take a picture tonight
Doin' it 4 Tv

There must have been something wrong with the asset, are you able to send us a pic of the pixelation?

New poster

7de Laan quality

I got a shock over the weekend when I watched a catchup episode of 7de laan. The quality was so bad, I don't even think it's SD quality. Could barely make out the subtitels. The aspect ratio was horrifying and the picture had a white line across the top part of the screen(due to aspect ration being incorrect). I checked the other episodes and the same issue. Got the feeling it was meant to be watched on a cellphone/tablet. I know SABC 2 only started broadcasting in HD a few weeks ago, but would think the catchup version would at least be a minimum of SD quality, not phone quality.