cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

CU issues!

Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: CU issues!

Since we had noted these issues, we have notified the VOD team, with examples and are waiting for concrete feedback. We are looking into these anomalies and most issues stem from QA which has been disbanded. Probably by Tues, I'll have feedback.

Red Carpet

This is why I keep pulling back from involvement and getting publicly annoyed, MC are too lazy / scared / not bothered to involve themselves with or listen to us. Except when they decide it's worthy enough to do so.

Not sure why we're trying again, doubt my interest will hold even if this one item is responded to.

You will not automate us into creating a community you can just feed off MC.

Trending

@Cya_DStv1 / MC - can we please get some involvement and/or acknowledgement from your side re this sorting issue? Is there a problem being worked on/investigated? Is it related to new software being rolled out or is something else causing this?

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

We've done some further comparing privately (thanks for the huge effort @krugie  !)

There's definitely a problem all-round with ordering, strongly worsened in the case of some or all updates. I think we'll have to wait for further experience or feedback.

Trending

I have now noticed that even CU+ items (like the soap operas) appear in the wrong order - which can't be related to delivery date. They are almost all on the final 2 pages of my Series/All section even though the folders contain episodes from just two days ago.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Trending

@Optimist wrote:

Not sure what you mean by "Channels/Series" @krugie  ?

There's the Channels/M-Net section, and then the Series section which includes M-Net titles.

I'm referring to avoiding using Channels at all, it's often late or wrong. (But Series isn't perfect.)

Apologies - I meant Channels/M-Net. I will look at the Series/All section instead though.

Red Carpet

Not sure what you mean by "Channels/Series" @krugie  ?

There's the Channels/M-Net section, and then the Series section which includes M-Net titles.

I'm referring to avoiding using Channels at all, it's often late or wrong. (But Series isn't perfect.)

Trending

@Optimist wrote:

@krugie  , @Luke7777  , one other thought - are we all comparing apples to apples?

The Channels section is of course known to be haphazard, and the

You're-Watching section can be as well if sourced from there, I would suggest only comparing the Series section.

Happy to list the first dozen or two titles in my list if wanted.

@Optimist - the decoders where I have this issue (1 x Explora 1 & 1 x Explora 2) are affected under Channels/Series as well as under TV Shows You're Watching. If I compare the Channels/Series sequence for M-Net on the two Explora 1's (one of which is not affected), there are several order differences. Not all new content are affected though.

Highlighted
Red Carpet

@krugie  , @Luke7777  , one other thought - are we all comparing apples to apples?

The Channels section is of course known to be haphazard, and the

You're-Watching section can be as well if sourced from there, I would suggest only comparing the Series section.

Happy to list the first dozen or two titles in my list if wanted.

Trending

@Luke7777 wrote:

@krugie wrote:

@Luke7777 wrote:

45/2 on the primary. 43/2 on the other one. It's only 5-0 that got stuck at the back... Masterchef, etc, all moved to the front of the queue

Not sure when 45/2 arrived....

Is the issue on both or only on 45/2? I think 45/2 is new? My suspicions currently still leans towards a change in software causing this based on observations on my side.

Not really watching on 43/2, so I won't know.   45/2 definitely new ..  sometime this week I suppose, which is why only one decoder has been affected so far 

Thanks  @Luke7777 - I am almost convinced the sorting will be correct on the secondary if you get a chance to check - and assuming it is still on L43/2.