Telenovela

Re: CU online buffering - Upgrade plans

@BlueFly wrote:

Winter is coming...

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL classic

| Windows 10 - Chrome Browser | Afrihost 20Mbps Capped ADSL | Explora |

New poster

It is becoming clear that the MC infrastructure is not up to the task in peak periods. I sure hope that they start investing that profit in providing a reliable service. At the speed fibre infrastructure is being rolled out, and other, better value for money streaming providers are becoming an option, MC is going to be put under a lot of pressure.

Winter is coming...

Telenovela

@Luke7777 wrote:

@Uel_M wrote:

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 

But again, my original question was not about this specific case but about MCs overall plan to upgrade your infrastructure?

That would mean that they have to acknowledge they have a problem... Smiley Happy  

It seems crazy that a company with a R7b profit for the year ending Mar 2018 (from what I can tell) doesn't throw more money at this issue that's been around for years. I think Dstv is a great product but buffering shouldn't be an issue for a company at their level...

BoxOffice

@Uel_M wrote:

But again, my original question was not about this specific case but about MCs overall plan to upgrade your infrastructure?

That would mean that they have to acknowledge they have a problem... Smiley Happy  

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode

@Uel_M, we don't have communication regarding infrastructure upgrades, we're thus not in a position to give you feedback. Announcements, if available will be posted on dstv.com and our social media pages. 

Highlighted
Telenovela

@Uel_M, the tech team wants to investigate the issue. What is the name of the movie that you were watching?

Telenovela

SD. Even reducing quality settings to other options didn't help.

@Uel_M we asked our tech team to assist and they would like to know if you were streaming HD or SD content.

New poster

@Grace_DStv1

Good Morning

I experienced the same last night - this was web streaming both using Chrome, and the DSTV Now App. Shows would load and stream for about 4 or 5 minutes, then buffer. The App would just timeout and the show would need to be reloaded.

This was using a corporate fibre line (200M, unshaped, uncontended, managed by our inhouse IT Dept). A colleague also had the same issues last night, from their house, using a 10M ADSL line.

It does seem that the CU Infrastructure becomes severely overwhelmed during peak hours - Live streaming works perfectly, without any issues....

Thanks, in advance, for your assistance!