cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Catchup buffering..

Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: Catchup buffering..

We do apologise for the inconvenience but we are working on resolving these CatchUp issues.

BoxOffice

Trying to watch BGT (Britain's Got Talent). Connectivity Checker runs at 97Mbps, while the buffer gets depleted Smiley Sad

Testfile from cache server between 500-600KB

Would MC PLEASE check what's going on with their caching servers ?

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Showmaxed

It's truly strange. Let's look at some facts again;

1. When this first peaked in forum concern years ago, Geoff went to a lot of trouble to investigate and analyse.

2. MC Nic was then given details of his findings and he successfully implemented some changes, much of which involved a strange rerouting via I think Cape Town which was removed. The service improved quite a bit.

3. It was later discovered that someone had put the rerouting mentioned back in place, and nothing further was ever done.

4. Geoff also found a large number of MC system errors that were being picked up, nothing was ever done about that.

5. MC appears to put much effort into investigating in their way these days, with close to no results of any worth.

So we have to conclude it's incompetence, somewhere, with perhaps a pinch of hidden agenda re who and what is used as well. I also suspect too little bandwidth being made available to start with.

I would think external more specifically expert help is called for, and a further willingness to spend money to make money, even when times are tough.

The reflection for your public MC is that you've lost the plot further and are increasingly becoming a serious joke.

Red Carpet

Unfortunately we just have to accept that MC is clueless about getting this sorted or they are not interested in doing so. Nothing has changed in at least 3 to 4 years despite endless reporting. You will be asked about your setup and equipment and then after a few days whether you are still experiencing the problem. And that is it. Yet they want to offer a streaming-only option to compete with you-know-who...l

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
New poster

Experiencing extreme buffering and video quality of 360p on my 100Mbps connection again. DSTV servers seem to not be able to cope with weekend demand. @%&^$##!

Highlighted
BoxOffice

Must say.. it's been a while since I've had buffering issues, but last night was terrible. Will be nice if MC can actually have a look at what was happening between 8 and 9 on their caching servers...

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Trending

oh yes that's very possible. more demand than supply

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Red Carpet

Same as since the day CatchUp came into existence - and reported month after month. The issue is only during prime time and the reason is that the MC servers can't cope and get overloaded - I have no doubt about that.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
BoxOffice

No ... it lasted till about 21:20 last night

Doin' it 4 Tv

@Luke7777 still experiencing the buffering issue even now?