cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Catchup buffering..

Showmaxed

Re: Catchup buffering..

What ISP are you using and on which package?
MWEB ADSL - effectively 2Mbps uncapped for now (shaped after a certain monthly max., but we never reach that.)

How is the Explora connected?
ADSL cable direct to our ADSL router.

Does this happen on CU + as well as Showmax?
No, just CU+. Showmax performs well.

BTW, I know MC doesn't recommend 2Mbps for Explora streaming, but it works fine if it isn't the peak hours of concern.

Does this only happen on Explora or on web as well?
Only known on Explora. Not interested in testing DStv Now, sorry.

A question not asked - SD or HD?... we almost always only use SD, and only ever use the download option with our few HD desires.

In command prompt do a ping test (ping explora.dstvcdn.com) – please take screenshot

See attached paperclip in next post (we are limited to 3 per post)

In command prompt do a traceroute to the same endpoint (tracert explora.dstvcdn.com) – please take screenshot

See attached paperclip in next post (we are limited to 3 per post)

Run 3x speed tests on saix.net, this only works on internet explora. When running the tests please select closest server to you for e.g Rosebank. – please take screenshot.
See attached paperclips

Don't know what you mean re the wording "this only works on internet explora"?

Last question, does the issue only occur in peak times or all the time?

Peak times, mostly seen on weekends.

Red Carpet

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

Hi Folks, our decoder operations team would like to have the below answered in order to determine the extent of the issue is.

• What ISP are you using and on which package? M-Web 100Mbps fibre running on OpenServe fibre network
  • How is the Explora connected? Ethernet cabledirectly to router
  • Does this happen on CU + as well as Showmax? Don't use Showmax  often but  never experienced it on Showmax
  • Does this only happen on Explora or on web as well? Don't use CU+ on the web
  • In command prompt do a ping test (ping explora.dstvcdn.com) – please take screenshot Will do so when the issue occurs again but have sent this through before.
  • In command prompt do a traceroute to the same endpoint (tracert explora.dstvcdn.com) – please take screenshot Will do so when the issue occurs again but have sent this through before.
  • Run 3x speed tests on saix.net, this only works on internet explora. When running the tests please select closest server to you for e.g Rosebank. – please take screenshot. Will do so when the issue occurs again but have sent this through before and the test show very high speeds.
  • Last question, does the issue only occur in peak times or all the time? Only ever had a problem during peak hours.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).

Hi Folks, our decoder operations team would like to have the below answered in order to determine the extent of the issue is.

• What ISP are you using and on which package?
  • How is the Explora connected?
  • Does this happen on CU + as well as Showmax?
  • Does this only happen on Explora or on web as well?
  • In command prompt do a ping test (ping explora.dstvcdn.com) – please take screenshot
  • In command prompt do a traceroute to the same endpoint (tracert explora.dstvcdn.com) – please take screenshot
  • Run 3x speed tests on saix.net, this only works on internet explora. When running the tests please select closest server to you for e.g Rosebank. – please take screenshot.
  • Last question, does the issue only occur in peak times or all the time?
Showmaxed

Hi,

Sorry, I'm not happy about how the tackling of this very long term and very widespead problem is being approached, so although I encourage any effort I will not be getting involved in this new phase.

Doin' it 4 Tv

@krugie PM us your details, your Internet SP, contact number, address and your decoder setup and model and we will revert back.

Red Carpet

I have not had anyone at my house but the issue is only ever a 20H00 or 21H00 at night? It is never during daytime or even early evening?

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doin' it 4 Tv

Hi All

Please confirm if you have all had a technician coming through to your residents to do some remote tests, we will then organise that they come and test for those that have not had someone come over.
@Luke7777 Just received your reply via PM.

Showmaxed

@Cya_DStv1 wrote:

We are just making sure as the team is ensuring that no other platform is affected as you very well know that in past instances we've seen similar issue being replicated on other platforms.

Fair enough. It's not enough people here to confirm of course, but helpful to hear some of the thinking.

I don't usually get involved in this, but in my case - the same issues as the others during peak times with CU+, I don't use DStv Now. What we do is avoid selecting in those peak times so do more downloading for later use these days, but many who work don't have much of that option.

However, this sounds like the kind of thing that's looked into at the start of an investigation, I would think the technicians / engineers would be much further down this road by now. Anyway, as long as there's enough serious work going on with it now... and certainly, this forum's members could do with regular updates about developments. Thanks

Highlighted
Trending

Unfortunately I haven't streamed anything on CU+ recently @krugie

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Doin' it 4 Tv

We are just making sure as the team is ensuring that no other platform is affected as you very well know that in past instances we've seen similar issue being replicated on other platforms. The team as well is embarking on a full on testing and fixes which we stem to be more permanent.