Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Catchup buffering..

Re: Catchup buffering..

@krugie - have tried anything today?

Showmaxed

I just want to add that I happened to use Showmax extensively this weekend, and for the first time had a number of incidents - not just around 20:00, at various different times. In each case it was short lived and I quickly recovered again.

Hope it's not related to reports made here, best not to "fix" what's not broken.

Red Carpet

Same issue again trying to watch Timeless S02E09 on Sunday evening around 20H00- only 11 seconds downloaded by the time the show started - with another second added roughly every 5 seconds so unwatchable. Laptop was not around so I couldn't do the ping or speedtest.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
BoxOffice

Speedtests against the CTN Saix runs almost at fullspeed (195) for me, whilst the Rdb one is around 20

Ctn      PING ms 27  DOWNLOAD Mbps 195.84  UPLOAD Mbps 95.16
Randb PING ms 96  DOWNLOAD Mbps  34.61 UPLOAD Mbps 80.71 (picked up a bit, but not close to Ctn)
Most local tests seem to be struggling, except CellC, who fills the meter Smiley Happy

Test file from explora.dstvcdn.com crawls at 120Kbps ...
SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Showmaxed

We're on the same track here, but I'll just add this... ;-)

@Luke7777 wrote:
A speedtest from the Explora follows the same path to and from the internet as what CU+ will do , and should be the only speedtest that is applicable... irrespective of what my "real" connection is like.

Although you're right, what's being "achieved" here with this wrong approach is clear info that it's not an issue with our connectivity (at my lower speeds I seldom see any general issues at all), so there's obviously a prob at the DStv service or its route. This has continued to be somewhat disputed despite all evidence, so here again they've helped prove that they are wrong :-D

All we need now is a few more posters with different conditions, such as other ISP's or service usage.

Highlighted
BoxOffice

@Optimist wrote:

@Luke7777 wrote:

Just a note... you have to run speedtests directly from the Explora (and you can't pick the server). Running it from any other machine defeats the object

Partially agree. However they can at least determine your general internet's behaviour this way.

In my case, whenever there's the peak presumed bottleneck, I see that the Explora's "speedtest" is way below normal.

I get what you're saying, but a speedtest from my wired desktop runs at 195M (or above 120 on a bad day).  A speedtest from the Explora follows the same path to and from the internet as what CU+ will do , and should be the only speedtest that is applicable... irrespective of what my "real" connection is like. Whenever I have buffering issues, I grad the remote and go Tools Smiley Happy  Then , if I feel like it, I'll get up and go test the testfile against the cashing server, just to prove my point Smiley Happy

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Showmaxed

@Luke7777 wrote:

Just a note... you have to run speedtests directly from the Explora (and you can't pick the server). Running it from any other machine defeats the object

Partially agree. However they can at least determine your general internet's behaviour this way.

In my case, whenever there's the peak presumed bottleneck, I see that the Explora's "speedtest" is way below normal.

BoxOffice

Thanks @krugie, sending feedback to the team. 

Showmaxed

Here's the other paperclip attachments.