Welcome to Catch Up

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Catchup buffering..

Re: Catchup buffering..

@Luke7777 - frustrating, we understand. Testing will be done, just confirming with the field services dept on that and update you. Checking on that buffering issue.

BoxOffice

So tonight I'm trying to watch Code Black Ep3 after downloading about 20m first... guess what..  I ran out out %$&& buffer before the end of the episode. This is while the speedtest comes in at 80+ Mbps at the same time

The incompentency just boggles the mind.  Btw, I'm still waiting to be contacted by your staff to come and test my enviroment... maybe  you shouldn't bother anymore...

Queued the rest of the episodes.. might be finished by tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll watch some N...... , guess what ? no buffering over there

It's time MC does what this forum says.... CatchUp !!!

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Doccie

Are the morons at MC ever going to get this sorted? No wonder you've lost more than 140,000 Premium subs over the last year.

BoxOffice

Yip, I've just adapted my viewing conditions. Doing very little direct CU+ streaming now. That said, was streaming a bit of AGT on Wednesday eve, had some audio loss while having a 20min buffer Smiley Happy 

Have to add, it's a pleasure streaming the competition....  which works on my not-so-new smart TV Smiley Wink

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Red Carpet

This will be the last time I am posting about this as I no longer have any confidence that this will change.

For the last 2 nights it has once again been impossible to watch anything on CU+ on my Explora during peak time. On both nights, around 21h00, it took the Explora 5 to 6 seconds to download just 1 second of content - even when I tried watching in SD instead of HD. It even lost connection or timed out twice. After the 30 second (or longer) ad pre-download time, only 4 seconds were buffered where I often get 5 to even 10 minutes buffered during non-peak times.

One the 1st night the Explora speed test showed 1.22Mbps and on the 2nd night it actually showed 24Mbps (this on a 100Mbps fibre line connected via Ethernet to the Explora). There was no laptop in sight so I didn't do any pings but a speedtest done via my phone (connected via WiFi which is even slower than a cable connection) showed speeds of over 60Mpbs on both occasions.

For me, this service is no longer of any use when I most would want to use it. Good luck with an online-only broadcasting service! 

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

@Luke7777 wrote:

Same the old questions over and over.... it's like MC isn't reading the feedback...  I'll spell it out ....

When it happens, it's CU+ via the Explora during peak hours.

Indeed - we have been asked the same questions for over 4 years now - and also submitting pings and speed tests for just as long. It also doesn't matter whether I am still experiencing the problem the next day when it is not peak hours - in that case the answer is always no - until the next peak hour attempt.....

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
BoxOffice

Same the old questions over and over.... it's like MC isn't reading the feedback...  I'll spell it out ....

When it happens, it's CU+ via the Explora during peak hours.

Simple .. work with that. Start monitoring your cache servers during peak, so when your read our posts the next day, you have something to work with. Rather than " and how is on your mobile? "... I'm not using it on my .... mobile... I don't care if it works on my mobile.. get it ?

Red Carpet

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@krugie- its best to run tests when the issue occurs, as soon as it happens kindly let us know. Have you tried streaming with your mobile device? Do you get the same issue?

The issue - and the thread - is Explora specific - ONLY when watching CU+ via the Explora. This has also been stated many times before. It is not a CU+ issue - it is an issue with CU+ via the Explora.

I understand the tests must be run when the issue occurs but there is not always a computer up & running or around at such times.

@krugie - its best to run tests when the issue occurs, as soon as it happens kindly let us know. Have you tried streaming with your mobile device? Do you get the same issue?

Highlighted
Red Carpet

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@krugie- have tried anything today?

Yes @Grace_DStv1 - as mentioned multiple times, I have NEVER had an issue at any times other than peak evening hours so today is not a problem. And weekend evenings are much worse than during the week.