Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Catchup buffering..

60 REPLIES 60
New poster

Re: Catchup buffering..

Catch Up streaming really sucks. We normally switch over to Netflix when it happens and no problem so nothing wrong with our fibre. MULTICHOICE This seems like a telkom not giving up with forcing adsl with phone rental on us, like blackberry and bbs ect. Multichoice if you don't sort your issues out you will end up like all those complacent companies. 

BoxOffice

The timing of the latest 504 errors in the other thread and this is probably related...  

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
New poster

MC. Stop trying... please. It is obviously not working and you do not know what you are doing. Send your ppl on courses covering streaming media and the modern internet. You are a relic in a modern age and loosing the battle spectacularly.

Highlighted
New poster

Well I have given up. Unable to watch anything on catchup via the web.

This is samples of Catch Up @ 19H15 on a Friday evening vs Netflix a few minutes later (see attached) on the same 100Mbps connection.

BoxOffice

@Optimist wrote:

The thing is, will this feedback ever reach the bigger ears that need to hear it, and even if it does will it make the slightest difference to the usual stubborn / hands-tied management involved? I expect it will be the same as usual next week, and the week after that, and...

To quote another Forumite;

Winter is coming MC.

He said he will give feedback to the powers that be. Whether that will make any diffs , who knows ?

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Showmaxed

The thing is, will this feedback ever reach the bigger ears that need to hear it, and even if it does will it make the slightest difference to the usual stubborn / hands-tied management involved? I expect it will be the same as usual next week, and the week after that, and...

To quote another Forumite;

Winter is coming MC.

Red Carpet

@Luke7777 wrote:

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@Luke7777- frustrating, we understand. Testing will be done, just confirming with the field services dept on that and update you. Checking on that buffering issue.

So the field services guy paid me a visit. Very nice guy. He was told that I had constant issues. Nothing about CU+, peak hour, etc etc. So I explained the problem, showed him these threads , showed my setup... and we both smiled about having wasted each other's time Smiley Happy  

To MC, firstly you set up your staff for embarrassment by giving them totally wrong info. Secondly,  stop trying to find the problems with our environments and start believing what we tell you about your cashing servers and peak hours.  

OMG - what a JOKE!!!!!!!!! I couldn't agree more with the bit highlighted in RED !

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
BoxOffice

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@Luke7777- frustrating, we understand. Testing will be done, just confirming with the field services dept on that and update you. Checking on that buffering issue.

So the field services guy paid me a visit. Very nice guy. He was told that I had constant issues. Nothing about CU+, peak hour, etc etc. So I explained the problem, showed him these threads , showed my setup... and we both smiled about having wasted each other's time Smiley Happy  

To MC, firstly you set up your staff for embarrassment by giving them totally wrong info. Secondly,  stop trying to find the problems with our environments and start believing what we tell you about your cashing servers and peak hours.  

Btw, this is what a test should look like, not the miserable 2-300Kb (if you're lucky) during buffering hours. 

test.bin

http://explora.dstvcdn.com/test.bin

20.0 MB/s - 2.8 GB of 9.5 GB, 6 mins left

Enough said

New poster

I've given MC more than enough time to resolve these buffering issues on both the Explora and the DSTV Now App. These same problems have been occurring for years and the fact that they still haven't been resolved after all this time tells me that MC doesn't care about their customers. At the end of the day I'm no longer interested in giving the same feedback or information as it is a huge waste of time and effort. The competition is far cheaper and is far more professional and efficient so why should I put up with all this nonsense? Today I tried using the DSTV Now App to watch the Arsenal match on my Galaxy S9 Plus but it buffered every 30 seconds. I have a 10mbps connection with a 26ms ping. Yet when I watch the competition using the device and the same connection it runs like a dream. Enough already. I will be cancelling my Premium Subscription at the end of this month.

BoxOffice

Whatever... just sort your caching servers out, then they don't have to waste my time