Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Deep State subtitles

16 REPLIES 16
Action

Re: Deep State subtitles

@Thoko_DStv1 wrote:

@MadCat@Charlie4We have now added subtitles to all the Episodes of 'Deep State' on CatchUp. Please check it and let us know how it goes.

@Thoko_DStv1I posted regarding the problem on 20 May with regards to episode 1. Your reply to advise that the issue is fixed, is posted 5 weeks later. Given this, ep 1, 2 and 3 are no longer available on CU.

Given that I didn't think MC would actually fix the problem, I am up to date watching my recorded episodes of the series.

So you will not be getting any feedback from me on whether the CU episodes are fixed or not.

@MadCat @Charlie4 We have now added subtitles to all the Episodes of 'Deep State' on CatchUp. Please check it and let us know how it goes.

Extra

This really is a problem. 

It is impossible to comprehend Deep State without a very good knowledge of French and Arabic and some unfamiliar African languages OR. . . SUBTITLES !

DO SOMETHING ABOUT SUBTITLES OR REMOVE 'DEEP STATE' UNTILL IT IS RESOLVED! 

@MadCat We have sent this to our CatchUp team. We will revert back with feedback.

Nominee

Apologies, I seem to have got confused as well but @MadCat  has made it more than clear enough in the last post.

To sort the rest out;

@Thoko_DStv1 wrote:

@MadCatThe channel itself does not have subtitles enabled on any programs. The program has burnt in subtitles. This means that the subtitles are already added by the content provider. Thus we cannot add subtitles to the already burnt in subtitles. 

@Thoko_DStv1  , it's now clearer that nobody is actually asking for subtitles to be added for this kind of thing as the content is supposed to have them burnt in (as seen in pic #1), nor is it a physical problem with this channel itself which did not need anything further (also seen in pic #1), it's just that the burnt in needed subtitles are missing from the CU copy (pic #2)....

Pretty bad that MC's professional staff couldn't even pick this up when asked to investigate it :-/

Action

I'm getting sick and tired of proving the problems to MC. But herewith photos of latest episode. MC you need to have subtitles on the CU version, else what is the point? I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't understand the foreign language in question.

Please fix, else use the CU space for something else!

DS 1.jpgRecorded episodeDS 2.jpgCU episode

Nominee

@Thoko_DStv1 wrote:

The channel itself does not have subtitles enabled on any programs.

Hardly an excuse if it's needed, the 125 Fox channel is a fairly major one on the platform so I'm sure it could be added easily enough.

Else they musn't broadcast what does need it, what use will those broadcasts be to anyone??

Nominee

Sounds like we're all going to go around in circles now.

There's clearly no burnt in subtitles for the sections with foreign content that Mad Cat is referring to, or she would have mentioned that or not bothered to make this thread at all.

What's needed here is for MC to talk to the supplier and / or content creator and determine what went wrong in detail and how it can be corrected.

@MadCat The channel itself does not have subtitles enabled on any programs. The program has burnt in subtitles. This means that the subtitles are already added by the content provider. Thus we cannot add subtitles to the already burnt in subtitles. 

Action

@Thoko_DStv1 wrote:

Hi @MadCat,

Thank you for bringing the 'Deep State' subtitle issue to our attention. Is it possible for you to send us the video clip with a recording on a foreign language dialogue part where subtitles are available on your recorded title?.

Hi

Unfortunately not. After watching it, it was deleted.

Maybe someone else still has a copy.