Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV Shows You're Watching - sort order

24 REPLIES 24
New poster

Re: TV Shows You're Watching - sort order

I had a similar problem, and a full Factory reset, was the only way to get the problem resolved.  There is nothing else you can do to get it sorted out. 

BoxOffice

About two months ago all the CU+ titles and CU+  functionality on  my Explora 2A went walkies. Non of the endless suggestions solved the problem. We switched decoders around and started using the 3A as our main viewing platform but 3 days ago I decided I had enough of the 3A and tried a full HDD reformat. That solved the problem and the 2A is back where it belong. I hate having lost some recordings I wanted to keep. The only real schlep is to reprogramme all your regular programs and the around 48 hours it take for the CU titles to propagate. The hard disc of a PVR takes a lot of pounding with constant recordings and deletions to clear disc space for new recordings and it is bound to become fragmented at some stage. 

The reformatting also solved the freezing problem the 2A decoder developed around the same time as CU+ went missing 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Anime

Thank you so much for taking the time to help. I will try the easier option, I usually remove with arc when a season has ended and so understand that it is easy to remove them all and start again. Thanks, I value your advice

Showmaxed

Unfortunately not.

About the only non-drastic experiment worth trying is the ARC button - remove them all with it, then do a reboot, then try repopulating the list (will do so even if watching an old episode again for a few seconds).

Drastic attempt - reformat... if that's worth the huge hassle, and may well not work.

Something similar seems to be going on with Showmax access, so definitely a bug.

Anime

Yes I do have Explorer 1. Do you know of anything that I can do to resolve this?

Showmaxed

@LesJ  , do you have an Explora model 1? I think it's the one having these issues.

But maybe not that model alone, and maybe not for everyone.

Anime

I am very envious of the 23 titles showing on the shows watched list. I still only get a max of 7 and would really love to know how to change the number so that I am not continuously scrolling through the list. I always select to watch from catch up, but it is not happening for me as a show title is always dropped to make room for my next chosen show, keeping the number of titles at 7.

Thanks

BoxOffice

@Paal wrote:

I call it crap programming from dstv side. I have 4 episodes on the list which  I have checked only once and never again. The programs that we watch everyday never appear on this list. 

I think you miss understand how the list is propagated. You need as Krugie stated to watch at least a portion of a program on catch up or catch up plus for it to be added to the list. Shows you watch on regular programming are not added. The list was created to save you from searching through long lists of CU titles each time you want to watch a favourite on CU  

I can also confirm that if the are a limit it is more that the 23 titles currently on my list 

Shows.jpg

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Red Carpet

@Paal wrote:

I call it crap programming from dstv side. I have 4 episodes on the list which  I have checked only once and never again. The programs that we watch everyday never appear on this list. 

I'm not sure whether there is a maximum and, if so, what it is, but maybe your list is full. You only need to watch something once - and not even all of it - just a small bit - for it to be added to the list - so it is not dependent on how many times or how regularly you watch something. And it also only gets added to the list if you watch it via CatchUp - not when you watch live TV or recordings. Lastly, you can remove unwanted items from the list by highlighting them and pressing the ARC button. Otherwise they will automatically disappear when there are no episodes of that program left on CatchUp.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
New poster