cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

The Murders (Universal)

Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: The Murders (Universal)

The easiest, and unfortunately as we know MC have refused to do it, is to supply a list of what is on CU and what is on CU+. Then we would all know and I wouldn't have to constantly ask, is this supposed to be here or is it a mistake....

Showmaxed

@Luke7777 wrote:

Yip, full catalogue.  Little cloud means you have to be connected to the internet. Click on it if your're not will get "You need to be connected to the internet" Smiley Happy  The upside is those that are not connected do not need to ask whether something is coming to CU if they can see the full catalogue

It may help. But without the practical experience of using CU+ it may instead still cause more confusion and even anger (due to the strange ways it all "works" that I posted earlier).

But either way I hope MC gives it very serious thought.

BoxOffice

@Optimist wrote:

@MadCat wrote:

@Grace_DStv1... Again, is The Murders supposed to be on CU?

Mods, since we've hijacked the thread (done with good intentions though :-D  ), please don't forget to answer MadCat.

It's all for a good cause Smiley Very Happy

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
BoxOffice

Yip, full catalogue.  Little cloud means you have to be connected to the internet. Click on it if your're not will get "You need to be connected to the internet" Smiley Happy  The upside is those that are not connected do not need to ask whether something is coming to CU if they can see the full catalogue

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Showmaxed

If anyone saw my last post (now deleted) - sorry, I misunderstood @Luke7777  at first...

@Luke7777 wrote:

Been thinking about this one as well. Isn't it possible to show all episodes, regardless if the client is connected or not. The CU+ ones will just be displayed with a little cloud next to it.  The ability to access those will then depend on the client's connectivity . Just a thought...

What I think you mean is for them to just include the CU+ catalogue on ALL Exploras, even for those who don't connect to CU+ , so that people can at least see what's going on.

Agreed, but can it be done practically? Is there a way to do that and not get millions of confused phone calls asking why they can't get those files to work?... :-D

BoxOffice

Been thinking about this one as well. Isn't it possible to show all episodes, regardless if the client is connected or not. The CU+ ones will just be displayed with a little cloud next to it.  The ability to access those will then depend on the client's connectivity . Just a thought...

Showmaxed

And it gets more complicated than that. Please don't let this confuse you Mods, what I'm posting next is just for you to understand more about these incidents.

• Sometimes items are temporarily put on CU+ as they can't be delivered on CU yet.
  • The above seems to work on an individual decoder basis as well at times.
  • Often after CU items expire they become available on CU+ instead.
  • And sometimes a CU+ series is later promoted to CU.

Add to this the mistakes that happen and it's an endlessly confusing mix of conditions. Not that anyone has come up with a better alternative suggestion to cover all the needs, but it will nevertheless always be confusing, especially for those who don't see what's happening on CU+ due to their choice not to connect to it.

Please teach new Mods about this in the future.

Doin' it 4 Tv

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@MadCat, there isn't any error. The screen-shot @Luke7777 provided shows what is currently available on a connected Explora. 

@Grace_DStv1, as per @Luke7777, I'm referring to and my picture is of CU, not CU+.

Again, is The Murders supposed to be on CU?

PS: Maybe CU and CU+ should have been given very different names as distinguishing between the 2 seems to confuse everyone including MC. Or maybe they, MC, just assume everyone is connected....

Doin' it 4 Tv

@Luke7777 wrote:

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@MadCat, there isn't any error. The screen-shot @Luke7777 provided shows what is currently available on a connected Explora. 

The issue is that Murders wasn't available on CU before, only on CU+.  Now one episode shows up all of a sudden on CU ?  Surely there's a problem....

Thank you @Luke7777

BoxOffice

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

The issue is that Murders wasn't available on CU before, only on CU+.  Now one episode shows up all of a sudden on CU ?  Surely there's a problem....