Welcome to Catch Up

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

The Murders (Universal)

Re: The Murders (Universal)

@MadCat , @Luke7777 , this is not an error, The Murders will now be available on normal Catch Up.

Showmaxed

Thanks MadCat. I suspect we are being quietly read, or at least watched, but it may be in our best interests not to discuss more of the details of why I believe that. Anyway, I'm done for now.

Doin' it 4 Tv

@Optimist wrote:

@krugie  - maybe we should use a separate thread for any more, not sure @MadCat  will be happy with our hijack even if important.

Don't mind as I don't think MC are reading this, or don't care enough to answer my question.

Showmaxed

Above post was edited for clarity, but can't edit it further as the spam moderator is suddenly super-sensitive again this morning, for me at least anyway...

So, another possibility to add - could MC be trying to get rid of lower tier package demands for more of the content they noticed on the higher tier packages. They hate that kind of thing and have gone to great lengths in the past to counteract, and in this climate may be neurotic about losing their precious Compact subscribers.

If so, even more pathetic.

@krugie  - maybe we should use a separate thread for any more, not sure @MadCat  will be happy with our hijack even if important.

Showmaxed

*ignore this line - spam moderator possibly being abused again to try shut me up*

@krugie wrote:

I think the biggest issue with an online list is that we all know over time it will not get updated and/or it will contain many mistakes. Not even the BoxOffice pages can be maintained correctly and those should be much simpler than CU/CU+.

I quite like @Luke7777 's idea but somehow I don't think MC will ever implement it. It will be a good advertisement for CU+ as people can see what all the extra available content is - so it might convince them to get connected. It should be fairly simple to display a message when a non-connected person chooses one of these items, saying "This item is only available on Exploras connected to the Internet".

*ignore this line - spam moderator possibly being abused again to try shut me up*

A lot of food for thought here.

It's still necessary for MC to make the lists available either way, even if we know they will do them poorly... one challenge at a time I think ;-)

As for educating non-CU+ users, or even non-Premium users - that seems furthest from their mind, as we see them also ruining the EPGs, removing fuller search options for lower tier packages, even preventing access to the full-details DStv Now sections and their catalogues for non-subscribers and lower tiers.

In the end I find myself mainly asking the question; "why has MC recently tried so hard to get rid of needed info?"

I can only find two answers that make any sense IMO - cost cutting of related labour (surely a one or two person job only though, so unlikely), or most likely, their security psychosis yet again - if people can't see what they can try steal then they won't desire it, and they can't even get to it anyway.

Pathetic.

I'm convinced that's what's going on, but maybe others can add their insights?

@  Mods - please don't forget MadCat's enquiry that's among this discussion.

Doin' it 4 Tv

@MadCat wrote:

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@MadCat, there isn't any error. The screen-shot @Luke7777 provided shows what is currently available on a connected Explora. 

@Grace_DStv1, as per @Luke7777, I'm referring to and my picture is of CU, not CU+.

Again, is The Murders supposed to be on CU?

Still awaiting a reply MC.

Red Carpet

I think the biggest issue with an online list is that we all know over time it will not get updated and/or it will contain many mistakes. Not even the BoxOffice pages can be maintained correctly and those should be much simpler than CU/CU+.

I quite like @Luke7777 's idea but somehow I don't think MC will ever implement it. It will be a good advertisement for CU+ as people can see what all the extra available content is - so it might convince them to get connected. It should be fairly simple to display a message when a non-connected person chooses one of these items, saying "This item is only available on Exploras connected to the Internet".

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doin' it 4 Tv

@Optimist wrote:

@MadCat wrote:

The easiest, and unfortunately as we know MC have refused to do it, is to supply a list of what is on CU and what is on CU+. Then we would all know and I wouldn't have to constantly ask, is this supposed to be here or is it a mistake....

MadCat isn't talking about a list on the Explora like Luke7777 is, she's referring to the old detailed lists we used to get on dstv.com (now called dstv.co.za (sometimes (see how confusing you make things MC...)))

I largely agree - a better option re confusion, but then MC MUST make a proper website menu for people to find it, and never remove it again, or be late with it, or be careless with it.

/done

(I think...?)

Thanks for the clarity @Optimist

Showmaxed

@MadCat wrote:

The easiest, and unfortunately as we know MC have refused to do it, is to supply a list of what is on CU and what is on CU+. Then we would all know and I wouldn't have to constantly ask, is this supposed to be here or is it a mistake....

MadCat isn't talking about a list on the Explora like Luke7777 is, she's referring to the old detailed lists we used to get on dstv.com (now called dstv.co.za (sometimes (see how confusing you make things MC...)))

I largely agree - a better option re confusion, but then MC MUST make a proper website menu for people to find it, and never remove it again, or be late with it, or be careless with it.

/done

(I think...?)

Doin' it 4 Tv

@MadCat wrote:

Again, is The Murders supposed to be on CU?

And yes, answer to this question is still required.