Did you mean: 
Need help?

4K Cricket World Cup

8 REPLIES 8
Showmaxed

Re: 4K Cricket World Cup

@krugie wrote:

@Optimist wrote:

The 4K in Indian cinemas is interesting, but cricket's surely not popular enough here for that idea.

I would go to a 4K cinema for the final - assuming we were playing instead of choking....

Haha! :-D

Me too, and even choking is something to see I suppose.

Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

The 4K in Indian cinemas is interesting, but cricket's surely not popular enough here for that idea.

I would go to a 4K cinema for the final - assuming we were playing instead of choking....

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

I wonder why they mention S.A. re their graphics, must be re other work they do here?

BoxOffice

Nice (old) article over here about the previous CWC

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Showmaxed

Remember this thread's in the DStv Now section - there's few places in the world that will broadcast 4K via satellite due to expense, the only consideration we can hope for here and especially in this economy is an online 4K option.

It is a surprise that MC haven't gotten further into that, their intent is clearly to stay strongly involved with online and they're missing the boat here.

Highlighted
BoxOffice

@James wrote:

Hi,

Seeing a few countries got the 2015 Cricket World Cup in 4K/UHD and most countries getting the 2019 Cricket World Cup in 4K. What is the chance of us getting the CWC in 4K/UHD or do we have to wait for 2023/2027/Never?

Which countries... or shall I say... which networks ?

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
BoxOffice

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@James, so far we haven't received any communication. But we'll keep you posted. 

Which translates into "No chance in hell'  

@James, so far we haven't received any communication. But we'll keep you posted. 

Anime

4K Cricket World Cup

Hi,

Seeing a few countries got the 2015 Cricket World Cup in 4K/UHD and most countries getting the 2019 Cricket World Cup in 4K. What is the chance of us getting the CWC in 4K/UHD or do we have to wait for 2023/2027/Never?