After a recent update to the DSTV now app I get the following error: "Video Authorisation error - Max number of devices already registered to this account. Please check Manage Devices section in app settings." This is very frustrating as the app worked on my phone and tablets before the updates and now they don't. Have not formatted or done a factory reset on the devices. I called the call centre and they said they cannot help and that I should post this on the forum to get this resolved. I have 0 registrations remaining and I can't just remove the devices and re-add them. I have read that others have had this problem as well. Please can someone assist in resolving this.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Just an update, while waiting for a response from DSTV I managed to play around and fix the problem. What seems to have happened is this; on my two affected devices it had two instances of each so it was saying that I had reached my max even though it showed 4 registered devices which is allowable, yet kept on saying that I was at max. So I removed one device and it showed the duplicate profiles for each device. Keeping in mind that my phone is 1 month old and I have not reset it or formatted it. Same with the tablet, a little older but have not done any reset or format. I then removed the duplicates and they started working again. Still not happy with having to do the work myself and also to be without access on my devices for over a month, but happy that it is working and that I can provide some feedback for others that are having the same problem. If anyone needs additional info on fixing this you can respond to this or PM me. Have a good day!
I called the call centre and they said they cannot help and that I should post this on the forum to get this resolved.
So, the floodgates have been opened... and 2 hours later no MC Mod in sight! :-(
Disgusting service MC!
And my definite exit call
This issue is clearly caused by MC software and they have to fix it from their side by allowing you an extra registration or resetting your number of registrations. I'm not sure what this envolves technically but for the call centre to say that they can't help is pathetic! I would insist on speaking to a manager as I'm not sure it is going to get resolved on here.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora1 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Exactly! All we can do is confirm the status quo, and to confirm what others' have resorted to, to reset their device numbers to get them to work again. The route cause and its fix is entirely within MC's domain.
And for the call centre to opt out like this is inbelievable!
I got the same error and when doing the removing device/register device thing I got error 500 internal server error and it's been 3 weeks and no solution for my problem. Even watching via browser stopped working for me, but yesterday it started working again. I've been promised a 24 hour trunaround time for my problem....3 weeks is a very long 24 hours...I'm so frustrated, as I watch the Superugby via my phone at work on Fridays and haven't been able to watch it....
Yes totally agree, very bad service if the alternate is to go to the forums to fix then surely someone should be available to help. That said if the call centre can't help, they should find someone who can, and not take the easy route of passing this on to the forums.
The call cente is useless and the live chat is even worse. They have standard replies to whatever problem and if those don't work, they don't know what to do and refer the problem for investigation
I always try to allow any provider or service I use to help fix an issue before I go straight to complaining but unfortunately this hasn't worked so, I will need go to social media or hellopeter. Very unfortunate that it has to go that route. Will keep you guys posted.
@AlexP Please confirm if you are still experiencing these issues still with DStvNow as a fix was deployed this past weekend on certain affected profiles.