I got the same error and when doing the removing device/register device thing I got error 500 internal server error and it's been 3 weeks and no solution for my problem. Even watching via browser stopped working for me, but yesterday it started working again. I've been promised a 24 hour trunaround time for my problem....3 weeks is a very long 24 hours...I'm so frustrated, as I watch the Superugby via my phone at work on Fridays and haven't been able to watch it....
Exactly! All we can do is confirm the status quo, and to confirm what others' have resorted to, to reset their device numbers to get them to work again. The route cause and its fix is entirely within MC's domain.
And for the call centre to opt out like this is inbelievable!
Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
This issue is clearly caused by MC software and they have to fix it from their side by allowing you an extra registration or resetting your number of registrations. I'm not sure what this envolves technically but for the call centre to say that they can't help is pathetic! I would insist on speaking to a manager as I'm not sure it is going to get resolved on here.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
I called the call centre and they said they cannot help and that I should post this on the forum to get this resolved.
So, the floodgates have been opened... and 2 hours later no MC Mod in sight! :-(
Disgusting service MC!
And my definite exit call
After a recent update to the DSTV now app I get the following error: "Video Authorisation error - Max number of devices already registered to this account. Please check Manage Devices section in app settings." This is very frustrating as the app worked on my phone and tablets before the updates and now they don't. Have not formatted or done a factory reset on the devices. I called the call centre and they said they cannot help and that I should post this on the forum to get this resolved. I have 0 registrations remaining and I can't just remove the devices and re-add them. I have read that others have had this problem as well. Please can someone assist in resolving this.
Solved! Go to Solution.