Just an update, while waiting for a response from DSTV I managed to play around and fix the problem. What seems to have happened is this; on my two affected devices it had two instances of each so it was saying that I had reached my max even though it showed 4 registered devices which is allowable, yet kept on saying that I was at max. So I removed one device and it showed the duplicate profiles for each device. Keeping in mind that my phone is 1 month old and I have not reset it or formatted it. Same with the tablet, a little older but have not done any reset or format. I then removed the duplicates and they started working again. Still not happy with having to do the work myself and also to be without access on my devices for over a month, but happy that it is working and that I can provide some feedback for others that are having the same problem. If anyone needs additional info on fixing this you can respond to this or PM me. Have a good day!
Good day @Cya_DStv1,
I have just checked, they are still not working. Please can you add mine as one of the affected profiles and fix accordingly.
Just checked by cell phone and I see DSTV Now will not stream live. Same error as listed below. My tablet however does work. So what broke?
@AlexP Please confirm if you are still experiencing these issues still with DStvNow as a fix was deployed this past weekend on certain affected profiles.
I always try to allow any provider or service I use to help fix an issue before I go straight to complaining but unfortunately this hasn't worked so, I will need go to social media or hellopeter. Very unfortunate that it has to go that route. Will keep you guys posted.
The call cente is useless and the live chat is even worse. They have standard replies to whatever problem and if those don't work, they don't know what to do and refer the problem for investigation
Yes totally agree, very bad service if the alternate is to go to the forums to fix then surely someone should be available to help. That said if the call centre can't help, they should find someone who can, and not take the easy route of passing this on to the forums.
I got the same error and when doing the removing device/register device thing I got error 500 internal server error and it's been 3 weeks and no solution for my problem. Even watching via browser stopped working for me, but yesterday it started working again. I've been promised a 24 hour trunaround time for my problem....3 weeks is a very long 24 hours...I'm so frustrated, as I watch the Superugby via my phone at work on Fridays and haven't been able to watch it....