cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cant sign in to dstv now

New poster

Re: Cant sign in to dstv now

Just FYI, mine still doesn't work. I have even tried a fresh install of Firefox, still same story. Firefox beta also has the same issue. So it isn't an addon, cookie, etc. issue.

Hi @Basjohn,

Are you getting any error message when trying to login?.

New poster

Same issue here. Congrats DSTV for breaking Firefox support for THREE MONTHS now. I mean, it's only one of the most used browsers in the world and all.

Highlighted
Viewer

So I kicked Chrome off of all my platforms long ago because it was definitely not the lean super-fast browser it had started it's life as an even with the most modern equipment, it still runs like a dog. Firefox on the other hand, is not the greatest thing ever but it has proved to be the lesser of the several evils out there at the moment so that has been my weapon of choice for a long time and as a support engineer for an Internet provider, I spend a very large portion of my day with my browser beng my closest companion so this is quite the hot topic for me. Tonight was the first time in weeks that I dared to fire up Firefox in the vain hope that I could log in tDSTV Connect and pick something to watch as I have done (with Firefox) for a long time now but, alas, to my dismay, there has been absolutely no progress made on this. I see the message I am replying to is over 3 weeks old so I imagine everyone hase given up expecting our nations largest and most technically progressive media provider to find a solution to what should be a relatively simple coding issue. This is not the case with any of the other streaming media providers and that includes Showmax, which, I believe, is you product. This is not a video problem it is an authentication problem,. The website is issueing a challenge that, for whatever reason, Firefox is either unable or unwilling to complete, for instance like an incorrectly issued certificate or insecure password hash. But I am certain Firefox knows what it's doing and there is a reason for thibehaviour, after all, they have been doing this sort of thing for a long, long time and as they are not Microsoft, they actually care about online security  Simply put, either the website or the browser does not believe the user to be authenticated so is never re-directed back to the sight or the sight is finding thatgthe browser is not capable of or not willing to meeting the minium spec proposed by th platform and so is falling back through a saftey door and back to the login prompt. This is not rocket science or brain surgery, hell, it's barely more complicated than putting your shoes on in the morning. As I detest android tv boxes I have no interest in switching to the app and I don'y want to be sitting with half a dozen browsers, each with there own preload resource requirements and their constant updates.. So please DSTV, get this sorted or, alternatively, give us access to the old site.. AT LEAST ON  THAT ONE THE GUIDE WAS ACCURATE AND YOU COULD SEE WHAT WAS  ON NEXT... but I guess that's the price of progress and at this rate we'll be watching in black and white with no sound soon.

Many thanks in advance, I will be wayching this forum with baited breath all the while waiting for Chrome to load all my tabs....

P.S. This rant was composed on my last machine to have Firefox and what a pleasure it was to use again.....

TV is dead, Long live the stream!

Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

perhaps you should make a dedicated forum just for that so it can stop drowning out all other efforts here!!!  :-(  :-(  :-(

Nothing would make me happier! I can't believe how this issue is dragging on. Considering how few people are actually active on this forum and the number of posts made about this, I can barely imagine how many people must ACTUALLY be having this problem? That a more suitable work-around has not been found yet totally baffles me!

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

Since after many months of this you're clearly not fixing the main issues involved with these DStv Now problems MC, perhaps you should make a dedicated forum just for that so it can stop drowning out all other efforts here!!!  :-(  :-(  :-(

New poster

I don't see how that will help, it just looks like the login screen. But see attached

Please send a screenshot so that we can forward to the team to assist. 

New poster

I've tried logging in on Firefox on my home pc, my phone and my work laptop. It does the same thing on all 3 devices.

Which device or laptop are you using?