Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSTV NOW Delay Specific To Android TV

8 REPLIES 8
New poster

Re: DSTV NOW Delay Specific To Android TV

it was working smooth on my android phone when it was running on android version 6.0.1 however as I have updated to android version 7.1.1 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?

BoxOffice

Streaming golf yesterday via DSTV Now directly from the website was about 2 min behind live 

TV

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Viewer

hi there...i'm experienceing the same with at least a 2 minute delay on live tv on my chromecast. Decoder timing is 2 minutes ahaead as my patio tv is running on chromecast and indoor tv on decoder with a definite time delay if both on at the aame time showing the same content...

Viewer

hi there...i have the same problem...casting to chromecast and the delay on live events (football, etc.) is 2 minutes delayed compared to the decoder...

New poster

Thanks for the feedback. I updated the app but there is a still a delay on the Android TV app. Now the website stream seems to have slowed down as well. 

Community Manager

Hi @ratty We will ask the team. Are you you still experiencing a delay while streaming on your android TV? If you are, please update the app on your Android TV device and try again. Let us know how it goes. 

New poster

Thanks. Please ask the technical team to use the timing on the dstv now website (online channel) as the correct time as when comparing mobile, android tv and online (web), the web is the most recent picture. Thanks. 

Community Manager

Hi @ratty We've asked our technical team to look into the matter.  We'll get back to you as soon as we have feedback. 

Highlighted
New poster

DSTV NOW Delay Specific To Android TV

I have noticed since the recent update that the DSTV NOW stream on Android TV is delayed considerably when compared to the mobile app (ios). I have tried streaming spontaneously, over the last two weeks,  and everytime Android TV app is way behind in the stream when compared to the mobile app. Anyone know why this os?