cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSTV Now - LG WebOS

Re: DSTV Now - LG WebOS

@Cya_DStv1 wrote:

@Perdybarr18 WebOS 3.0 app will be available in the next couple of weeks. We are awaiting approval from LG.

Any good news yet? #fingerscrossed 

Doin' it 4 Tv

@Perdybarr18 WebOS 3.0 app will be available in the next couple of weeks. We are awaiting approval from LG.

@Cya_DStv1 wrote:

@RayMat68We are finding out for you.

@Cya_DStv1 Any feedback yet? My tv is on the same WebOS version.

Will the DSTV now app be supported on 55UH6030 webOS 3.0?

Red Carpet

Yes after removing any possible issue on our side, what is left are issues at source, which we can only repaortand hope someone fixes it.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

Agreed, that works in seeing past any upscaling done by the decoders. But it won't help with what's been so changed at the source (all only from MC with these online platforms).

Red Carpet

The only easy way I know of is you must set the decoder on "original" and then let the TV report back what it is receiving and then adjust itself accordingly, or, display the "original" quality as is without upscaling/downscaling taking place.

My el-cheapo HD TVs, ( one is only HD Ready, the other has very limited functionality), tells me every time I change the source, what it is receiving from the decoder. That is how I know that the SABC is only transmitting 720p and which other channels are 1080i or SD.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

There's very few places in the world where 1080p HD is offered via satellite, too expensive. My money is now also firmly on your reception being upscaled, with possibly one or two local exceptions coming.

Only MC can give certain detail it seems, but they aren't answering again.

I'll leave it there.

New poster

@Optimist wrote:

@irond13 wrote:
It seems only some channels get to full HD though, even after leaving it playing for a while to ‘upgrade’. Is there a list of channels which support full 1080p HD?

What is making you think that's available?

Last we Forumites knew, the only time MC ever offered 1080p was a few months ago for a particular sporting event, nothing more. There's certainly never been any announcement that they're now offering the higher quality on DStv Now, AFAIK all channels should be 1080i which is the same as the satellite broadcasts.

Please can a Mod give feedback, TIA.

From what I can tell so far, it seems that when “HD” appears onscreen in the channel label, the stream eventually gets to better quality than the other channels. I’m just guessing that it would be 1080p (not sure how to tell exactly using the TV’s menus). 

It would seem to be consistent with what’s offered in “HD” via the decoder.

Doccie

@Optimist wrote:

Thanks, but I'm not convinced. From that thread;

@Kagiso_DStv1 wrote:

@Sybawoods, The highest streaming option is 1080p. As in the case of Showmax, the resolution is automatically selected based on your connection speed and device. This will also depend on whether the content itself is at the 1080p standard.

That says to me that the system is set up for 1080p, but the content isn't that.

Mods - please get senior feedback for us, thanks.

Yep, I agree. And it's likely to be the same situation when the 4K option is enabled i.e. that we will likely get a ton of lower res content, simply upscaled to 4K.