Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSTV Now - LG WebOS

Showmaxed

Re: DSTV Now - LG WebOS

Thanks, but I'm not convinced. From that thread;

@Kagiso_DStv1 wrote:

@Sybawoods, The highest streaming option is 1080p. As in the case of Showmax, the resolution is automatically selected based on your connection speed and device. This will also depend on whether the content itself is at the 1080p standard.

That says to me that the system is set up for 1080p, but the content isn't that. Certainly as far as the channels themselves go, MC would need to spend a lot more to now have the international ones delivered to them in 1080p.

And there's been no such announcement anywhere, surely some Forumites would have spotted that and discussed it.

Mods - please get senior feedback for us, thanks.

Doccie

I specifically asked about this month's ago in another thread (https://community.dstv.com/t5/DStv-Now/1080p-streaming/td-p/461) . Back then the answer from a mod was:

720p via show-max

1080p via DSTV now

That was pre-4k testing days.

Showmaxed

@irond13 wrote:
It seems only some channels get to full HD though, even after leaving it playing for a while to ‘upgrade’. Is there a list of channels which support full 1080p HD?

What is making you think that's available?

Last we Forumites knew, the only time MC ever offered 1080p was a few months ago for a particular sporting event, nothing more. There's certainly never been any announcement that they're now offering the higher quality on DStv Now, AFAIK all channels should be 1080i which is the same as the satellite broadcasts.

Please can a Mod give feedback, TIA.

New poster

Hi 

I have the lg LF630T software version 04.06.00. It has showmax but the dstv now app not showing. Can you check up please.

New poster

Hi 

I have the lg LF630T software version 04.06.00. It has showmax but the dstv now app not showing. 

New poster

I’ve just installed on my C7. Works quite well!

It seems only some channels get to full HD though, even after leaving it playing for a while to ‘upgrade’. Is there a list of channels which support full 1080p HD?

New poster

I’ve just installed on my C7. Works quite well!

Doin' it 4 Tv

@Sybawoods Let us know how the testing goes.

Doin' it 4 Tv

@RayMat68 We are finding out for you.

Doccie

Thanks for the heads up. I see the app is available for my LG C7 OLED. Will install and test later.