Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSTV Now Quality adjusting doesn't work

4 REPLIES 4
New poster

Re: DSTV Now Quality adjusting doesn't work

It doesn't work. When pausing and starting the feed, the quality remains bad due to the fluctuating bitrate. Every single resolution setting (1080p, 720p, etc.) look worse due to the everchanging bitrate.

Heck, even watching BT Sport over a UK VPN results in far better picture quality than the DSTV Now player. I really wish the Supersport website still had it's own player back.

Multichoice should allow us to disable bitrate adjustment.

Doin' it 4 Tv

Using the app on iPad, which still has Superport as a menu option within DStv Now. Just tried on Windows. After selecting your quality, just pause the feed and then start it again. Worked for me , switched from lowest to highest, and then back again

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
New poster

Are you using the DSTV Now app or the website via your browser? The website doesn't work properly on my end. Adjusting quality does nothing, as it automatically decides whats best for me.

What Supersport tab are you talking about? The Supersport player no longer exists.

Thanks

Doin' it 4 Tv

Just tried it on my iPad and it works there. Streaming live TV SS2, not via Supersport tab

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Highlighted
New poster

DSTV Now Quality adjusting doesn't work

So Supersport's website just had a facelift and they moved their entire live streaming functionality onto DSTV Now. Now users no longer have access to Supersport's completely functional video player and are instead redirected to DSTV's lacking and unfunctional player.

• On DSTV Now, when I change my quality setting it makes no difference at all. 1080i = 570p = 360p on the DSTV Now player. Quality adjustment DOES NOT WORK. There is no ability to HARD SET your quality setting as the player auto adjusts willy nilly.

Are there really no plans to fix this? Or could Supersport be so kind as to provide their classic video player to us users as before? I assure you, my internet connection is very stable and the issue is with the DSTV Now player alone, as other users (many with fibre connections) from other forums have too complained.

Something needs to be done about this.