cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSTV Now Web Picture in Picture (PiP)

6 REPLIES 6
BoxOffice

Re: DSTV Now Web Picture in Picture (PiP)

Just to add for those interested and running Chrome, they do have a Picture-in-Picture extension which will allow you to run video in a window, which can be dragged and resized

now01.jpg

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
BoxOffice

I get it... was just wondering. Agreed, AOT is a "dirty" solution, but still an alternative whilst we wait for the likes of MC to listen to their customers Smiley Very Happy

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode

• Using an "always on top solution" is not as simple as PIP, fine for me but maybe not for others who are not necessarily power-users
  • It's not built in, PIP requires nothing other than Chrome. Even Edge is going to use Chromium sometime this year so will work in there too once implemented
  • The window in which you view is not borderless so takes more real-estate
  • It affects the position and size of the browser window when opening again

If you haven't already try PIP on Youtube, it works a treat.

It was just an idea, use it don't use it Smiley Happy

SLNB LMX501 | Explora2A | 50Mbps Fibre Internet
Highlighted
BoxOffice

So what's the problem Smiley Happy

Thanks, I already do myself.

BoxOffice

Try DeskPins

DSTV Now Web Picture in Picture (PiP)

Could the player on the web based DSTV Now be enhanced to allow Picture in Picture (PiP) viewing?

https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2018/10/watch-video-using-picture-in-picture