Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSTV Now - issues with SKY, CNN and BBC

Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: DSTV Now - issues with SKY, CNN and BBC

@broadcom wrote:

Thanks Luke, silly me, I was expecting someone from Multichoice to reply with something like:

"Dear long-suffering paying CUSTOMER, let me help you in any way I can..."

Lol, Trump has more chance in getting his wall built, than *that* happening  Smiley Happy 

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Anime

Absolutely agree with you. The overall reaction from DSTV is rediculous - and they wonder why they are loosing customers!

About time they took streaming services seriously as that is the future and the easier they make it for their CUSTOMERS the more successful they will be.

Anime

Thanks Luke, silly me, I was expecting someone from Multichoice to reply with something like:

"Dear long-suffering paying CUSTOMER, let me help you in any way I can..."

I don't use those social platforms. Using telephonic route to 1st line support for this sort of problem would be painful.

Can a moderator please relay this issue to the app team and then provide some feedback??

Thanks

Anime

No not yet. Might be worth a try.

New problem has also now reared its head. Loaded the latest app to the TV and now everytime I switch off the TV and then on again I have to re-connect the TV device by entering a password on http://now.dstv.com/tv. Wonder of MC are doing this deliberately to make streaming as difficult as possible???

Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

Have you guys tried the MC social media platforms..Facebook or Twitter ? MC is not actually committed to assist anyone over here, as this is not a Customer Care platform, according to them. 

Good luck

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Anime

Nope no response at all. Pathetic service. Have just loaded the latest version of the app and problem occurred almost immediately!

Anime

Hi, I'm having almost exactly the same problems as the original poster on my LG WebOS 3.5 TV with  LiveTV.

Although it is not just channels 400, 401 and 402 but also 181, 182 and 184.

A picture of the error message is attached. Occasionally a brief clip will be displayed before the error message, and funnily enough the same clip will get shown each time you try.

I have tried deregistering the TV, signing out and back in and even removing and reinstalling the DSTV Now app on the TV.

Has your technical team come back with any solutions?

Thanks!

Hi @warrena0 and @cecilh , we will put all your comments together and forward to our technical team.~

Anime

Morning, I can now confirm that it also happens to a friend of mine with a LG smart TV. He has made a video of it ... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/axd2bq38irx7ays/AACo09r9BDKlFcFN6Y0v8KS6a?dl=0

Problem with the LG app, particularly with regard to how it handles buffering on certain channels?? BTW I have also now experienced this on the History channel.

Extra

Hi

Just to confirm I get the same issues on my LG TV.  In fact one or two of these channels dont even start streaming before the error appears.  Other's start streaming at low quality and then when normally the quality of the stream would improve - due to me having a high speed fibre line (if I was watching another channel), the error appears instead.  This just occurs for the 3 channels listed.