DSTV Now - issues with SKY, CNN and BBC

Anime

Re: DSTV Now - issues with SKY, CNN and BBC

I'll test this weekend and give some feedback. Holding thumbs

We're glad you're sorted. Smiley Happy 

Anime

Thank you DSTV! Everything appears to be working 100% once again on my LG tv.

I presume it was some tweak serverside earlier this week as there have been no updates on my TV.

Anime

Yes I agree, but the reason I would not recommend an LG is that the app does not work properly, no matter who wrote it. DSTV really could not care less and it does not seem that LG are interested in putting any pressure on DSTV. I have been in contact with LG but as is so usual with so many companies in RSA no esponse at all.

Anime

Really, I'm pretty sure its not an issue with LG, but rather a buggy app DSTV has written for the LG TVs.

I had a look at the network traffic when this problem is happening and it looks like the app is packaging a bad url when trying to connect to the stream, and the server is replying with http 404 not found error. Most likely a programming bug. I could send the broken url if anyone in this R44 billion company could spare some resources and bother to help.

Anime

Yep seems LG specific. The app was one of the last to be developed afaik. With current version you are now forced to re-register TV every time you switch on and try and use DSTV Now, and old problem is still there, but worse! So really going backwards. Be interested to hear what they say about LG when you take it back. I certainly won't buy another one.

New poster

Hi

Ive verified the problem appears to be with LG. Can’t comment on Samsung.

The Android MiBox works perfectly on all channels including SKY CNN BBC.

Agian , not a good representation for LG.

Going to take this ”not so smart TV “ back 

New poster

Hi 

I bought an LG smart Tv today with webOS 4.1 . The  DSTV now app updated during setup to a version 1.1.8 last updated Feb 2019. Does this happen to Samsung TV and android devices too? Or is it LG pacific ?

Anime

Yep - they don't give a stu**! Friend who is on their officail beta testing panel and who also has same issues, went via some unofficial back channels to get some answers -  was told... "sorry we can't do anything at the moment as we don't have the correct resources to allocate to this problem"!!!

Extra

Still no response from MC - just shows you how committed they are to customers and the great service they should be rendering. This is what happens when theres a monopoly!!!!