Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSTV Now - issues with SKY, CNN and BBC

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
Anime

Re: DSTV Now - issues with SKY, CNN and BBC

Yep, its definately a problem. I gave up and connected via Ethernet, as did a collegue of mine. Really not ompressed with LG. And yes still have buffering issues but not as bad as previously.

New poster

Hi Guys 

Are you still having streaming issues with Dstv? I’ve done some wifi speed testing and found the wifi receiver on the new 2019 smart LG tv not to be stable even if the wifi signal is rock solid and indicating full strength signal. I would continually test on 2 other devises right next to the tv with perfect speed results each time. The tv results are very different after each test as low as 1Mbps then perfect full strength the next test. 

This is causing buffering mostly on DSTV App which appears it requires a strong, stable data feed unlike other streaming apps. I did not use a direct Ethernet which would be the best test of the app. 

Thought I would share , doesn’t really help anyway with loadshedding. Cheers 

New poster

Hi 

yes he is a call center agent but specific to TV. He is very proactive and at least someone who listens and passes the info on to the correct people in Tech at LG tv.  It’s a start 

Doin' it 4 Tv

@cecilh wrote:

Done. Who is Shaun Tinkler?

According to this, he's a call centre agent at LG. Not sure how emailing him is going to help, but have fun anyway ....  

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Anime

Done. Who is Shaun Tinkler?

New poster

Absulutely ! 

Please everyone email or call Shaun Tinkler of LG TV SA:

shaun.tinkler@lgepartner.com

Lets all put pressure 

Anime

@broadcom- no THAT is not a solution, simply a workaround. A solution would be for DSTV/LG to work together to solve a problem that their CUSTOMERS have. Why should a person have to fiddle and faff simply to get over technical issues to get a service that they are actually paying for???

New poster

Hi Guys 

LG tech guy told me to either reload app or reset TV. I did this and all was fine for a couple days. However , today the problem has returned , major buffering on the bbc cnn sky and sometimes total channel failure . Surely One cannot continue reseting the app as one only has a limited app deletion and registration opportunity per six months ? 

Anime

Well, THAT sounds like an issue LG might be able to help you with. Maybe your TV needs another reset?

Anime

Well no its not all sorted. Buffering on channels appears to be better, but the problem of having to re-register the TV device everytime it is switched off is not fixed.

It's an absolute pain to have to get another device and sign onto now.dstv.com/tv to enter a code every time the TV is switched on. This was NOT the case before the last app upgrade.