Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSTV Now issues

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: DSTV Now issues

@russellfogg 

On iOS devices Airplay icon sometimes does not appear. This is provided by the OS so there is not much we can do but we still trying to work-around the issue. Again, this seems to be an OS bug. In the meantime we put together a workaround for iOS 11 devices only. This workaround displays an alternative AirPlay icon and it seems to be more reliable so far.

New poster

Thanks for the reply...

I would not call them minor if we cannot watch a catchup TV epsiode.

I am on the latest version of the app, iPhone X, Apple TV 4..all latest OS updates.

I suspect you have a problem with AirPlay becuase we Airplay from the IPhone to the ATV AND even content that is downloaded behaves in the same way when AirPlay'ing to the ATV.....buffers, image quality all over the place.

WiFi is solid...ac standard and ATV is wired to the router.

Look @ AirPlay....

Doin' it 4 Tv

@russellfogg Since the upgrade there are minor issues we have since picked up which affect streaming more so on certain channels than others. The team is working throughout the weekend to get these issues out the way. Let us know if the issue is still persistent from your end and if so, what channels are affected from your end together with the device make and model you are using to stream.

New poster

DSTV Now issues

Hi,

Lately app has been pretty 'decent' but it looks like since the major upgrade you released and a bug fix post that streaming is next to impossible, weird thing is even if you DL a TV series within the App and AirPlay it to an Apple TV it buffers and quality is all over the place.

Question....is there an issue with the latest verion of the iOS DSTV Now app?