Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSTV Now threads all over the Community

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Red Carpet

Re: DSTV Now threads all over the Community

@Optimist wrote:

A main part of the problem is laziness by those coming here for help, they post in the first sections they find.

I will welcome anything that helps with sorting out this mess! I agree it is most likely laziness causing the issue but also to some extend misunderstanding of the forum. In theory it is also a Technical Issue and there are also Error Codes involves so I can understand why some people would post there even though those sections are not related for DSTV Now. Smiley LOL

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@Optimist, we're on it. 

Hi @Grace_DStv1  ,

There's been no longer term improvement with this problem in the months since it was last discussed, so I'm going to make a new suggestion.

A main part of the problem is laziness by those coming here for help, they post in the first sections they find.

So PLEASE can the following forum sections be moved to the top of the "Discussions" section list;

VOD section listing.jpg

@Thoko_DStv1  is quite good at fiddling with the forum settings (he helped in the Experienced section) so maybe he can help, and if not easy to do maybe you could otherwise ask Lithium - hopefully their regularly present representative @SMMIntegration  will see this post.

Really hope this will be done, should make a big difference. And please post feedback. Many thanks

Showmaxed

@Julia_DStv1  , @Grace_DStv1  , @Thoko_DStv1  and other Mods - please always pass on this kind of information from @GeoffD  to BTD, as he is very knowledgeable about these things from his lifelong senior professional involvements and the related people he knows.

It can only be useful, thanks.

Red Carpet

Long overdue for MC to realise that THEY ate responsible for this problem in the first place. IPNadresses are DYNAMIC! You CANNOT use IP addresses the way you are using them for service authentication in SA be cause every ISP is no longer allowing static addresses. Every 24 hours a new IP address is allocated to all services, even to those where a session has not been shut down.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM

@Optimist, we're on it. 

Showmaxed

The Mod who I've seen does know how to move threads is @TebogoM_DStv1  but even that Mod stopped moving them!

@Grace_DStv1  , since you are the Mod who does the best job IMO, please could you at least see to it that all are taught how to move threads.

But I'm tired of the lack of effort from most here, so please don't involve me further.

Red Carpet

DSTV Now threads all over the Community

@BusiN_DStv1 - Can we please have something done about the DSTV Now threads popping up all over the Community? These are almost exclusively related to the device registration/de-registration issue (I can't believe another work-around has still not been found!) and it is seriously diluting the value of the other sections. They are even posted in the About The Community/Guidelines section!

Firstly, mods need to MOVE all such threads to the DSTV Now section as soon as they appear - possibly even with a note that it was posted in the wrong thread and secondly, maybe some name changes should be considered in the Technical sub-sections - maybe rather call them Decoder Installation, Decoder Error Codes, Decoder Technical Info?

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).