Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DStv Now App subscription without Satellite

SOLVED
5 REPLIES 5

Re: DStv Now App subscription without Satellite

@DigitalFan At the moment services can only be activated on a decoder. For a decoder to work you need the whole installation which includes the satellite dish. So at the moment we don't have the option for subscription only on the DStv Now App. 

New poster

@Thoko_DStv1 wrote:

@DigitalFanYou can still download the DStv Now App without a DStv subscription. However you will only have access to Free-to-air channels. 

Hi Thoko - Thanks for your reply - but my question was can you still subscribe to say compact plus and watch it on dstv now app without a satellite dish and smart card

Android TV
Showmaxed

If you do try that, please confirm either way.

@DigitalFan You can still download the DStv Now App without a DStv subscription. However you will only have access to Free-to-air channels. 

Red Carpet

In theory you don't need a dish but currently do you need an ACTIVE DSTV subscription/smartcard to get access to DSTV Now. There are indications this might change - possibly even this year.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
New poster

DStv Now App subscription without Satellite

I only have Showmax and a DStv connect ID linked to a smart card but I would like to know if you can subscribe to DStv Now ( For Live Channels) without a satellite dish. Look forward to replies 

Android TV