Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

HiSense DSTVNow app?

New poster

Re: HiSense DSTVNow app?

Hi 

Thank you getting back to me.

As soon as I connected to the internet the application downloaded, hence added to my homepage. 

However I have tried checking the firmware and updates--all latest.

Then I run into the problem of a pure back screen. Nothing working between DSTV now and showmax.

Shout if there is anything further yoh require to assist. 

Kind regards 

New poster

Hey @Jarryd100, sorry for the late reply - I didn't get a notification that anyone had responded to this thread.

No, no change.  I am however able to watch a few channels - I predominantly watch 201 and 202 which both work most of the time.  Most of the other channels don't work.

Hi Dunbizzle

Have you already set up your network and added the Apps's to your home screen? 

New poster

Hi 

I am also running into a problem with my new Hisense TV. 

Model 55U7A Netflix and YouTube work fine if I go into those apps first, Dstv now and Showmax both get stuck on a black screen. Never see a loading screen for either. 

Also- once attempted in opening either DSTV Now or Showmax, no other application will work.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. 

Viewer

Hi All,

I'm curious as well if working, I've recently purchased a Hisense, with the DStv no app preinstalled.

I can't get any channel to work, but from my Xbox, it works, on my phone, it works.

Is there a fault on the tv.

New poster

Hi Warwick,

Was your issue ever solved? I've just bought a brand new Hisense TV with the DSTV Now App already installed. I can't get any channels to work. Logged in using the TV browser and was able to watch DSTV Now. 

Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

@dirkim wrote:

Is the deleopment done yet so we can stream on our hisense tvs please 

Look 6 posts back for the supported HiSense models ... if it's not there, it's not supported

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
New poster

Is the deleopment done yet so we can stream on our hisense tvs please 

@Cya_DStv1 wrote:

@SBThat is correct, HiSense is still in the developmental phase.

@Cya_DStv1 wrote:

@SBThat is correct, HiSense is still in the developmental phase.

@Warwick wrote:

Hi @Grace_DStv1,

Thanks for coming back to me. 

201 worked fine.

117, 120, 121 didn't work at all

125 and 193 streamed for around 5 seconds then stopped.

However, at around 22:00 last night I tried 193 again and it worked fine.  I had been trying 193 for the 2 or so hours before with nothing more than 5 seconds of streaming.  The other channels were still not working at that stage.

I didn't try any more channels than the channels I've mentioned above.

@Warwick, thanks - sending to the apps team to look into and advise. 

New poster

Hi @Grace_DStv1,

Thanks for coming back to me. 

201 worked fine.

117, 120, 121 didn't work at all

125 and 193 streamed for around 5 seconds then stopped.

However, at around 22:00 last night I tried 193 again and it worked fine.  I had been trying 193 for the 2 or so hours before with nothing more than 5 seconds of streaming.  The other channels were still not working at that stage.

I didn't try any more channels than the channels I've mentioned above.