Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

HiSense DSTVNow app?

40 REPLIES 40
Extra

Re: HiSense DSTVNow app?

Hi guys - sorry if this is a repost [Model# 55A6100UW]

[Problem : Hisense TV looses Wifi, DSTV/Showmax does'nt stream (you can only browse channels), TV freezes intermittently]

Solution :

1) Contact Hisense service desk and have them send the latest link to the firmware for your TV. 

[My file was a BIN (2.2GB zip download) for firmware I1330 - which is not mentioned on their tutorials]

2) Format USB drive for FAT32 - and copy file to it - then upgrade from USB in the Settings menu.

3) Don't be alarmed on reboot that DSTV/ShowMax icons might dissapear  ;-) 

[The important thing is that your TV now shows the latest firmware version]

4) Now reset your TV to factory defaults - your icons for DSTV/Showmax come back and all works!

Extra

Hi guys - this worked for me on a 55A6100UW

[Problem: looses Wifi connectivity, TV freeze sporadic, DSTV/Showmax shows channels but no streaming]

1) Download latest firmware update from Hisense (Disclaimer: this does'nt always work,

rather get their service desk to forward a link to the latest firmware for your exact model,

unlike their tutorials it actually comes as a BIN file - mine was I1330 firmware)

2) Install firmware from Settings Menu - Info - check for update from USB (FAT 32 formatted)

[Your DSTV/Showmax icons could dissapear - don't be alarmed ;-)  ]

3) After reboot - Settings Menu - Reset to factory settings (now everything works, all icons show correctly and more importantly DSTV/Showmax streams)

Extra

I've had the same issue and I've been pulling my hair out over it and have finally fixed it. Simpler than I thought....

Go to:

Settings (on tv) --> system --> Application settings --> clear cache & cookies. 

The TV will reboot. Go to your dstv now app and hopefully (like mine) it works again! 

Extra

I've had the same issue and I've been pulling my hair out over it and have finally fixed it. Simpler than I thought....

Go to:

Settings (on tv) --> system --> Application settings --> clear cache & cookies. 

The TV will reboot. Go to your dstv now app and hopefully (like mine) it works again! 

New poster

I did not yet get to the bottom of this problem.... Will probably need to take it in, to have it checked/exchanged at one of the service centres.
I phoned the Hisense Customer Care line resently, and they advised me the go into the settings menu and initiate a factory reset.....

This takes the TV thru a re-boot/initiate sequence and reload of the DSTVnow app, but unfortunately did not solve our TV's DSTV app issue - maybe you could try this.....

Extra

@Daywalkerza wrote:

I have the apps installed. I can log in and see the channel list. 

However no channels play. Just get the blue circle.

I have the same issue, is there any solutions?? 55A6100UW

New poster

Hi @Grace_DStv1

From your 13-12-2018 post I have noted our Hisense model (the HE55A6100UWTS) is supported....

We have successfully registered it, but no channel or catch-up item streams ....

I have cleared the cash and re-registered; successfully registered a different device to the same account; but can not uninstall and reload the app.

Hope you and the team have some idee what we could try to do next.

Thanx

New poster

I have the apps installed. I can log in and see the channel list. 

However no channels play. Just get the blue circle.

Doin' it 4 Tv

@Daywalkerza wrote:

Hi. I bought the 58A6100uw model recently. The dstv now and showmax apps does not work. Is there a problem with this model.

According to post #6 it's supported

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
New poster

Hi. I bought the 58A6100uw model recently. The dstv now and showmax apps does not work. Is there a problem with this model.