YES....but I already told you so about 9 posts back (I and husband with M degree in IT was the first to solve this) Please read. So now I am going to tell you something seriously unpopular. The Hisense TV's running current Firmware will eventually for no reason register 3x or more times on Showmax and DSTVnow, as new devices, without your consent. Thus no new devices above the limit currently set by these service providers may be added. You now need to "beg" Naspers afiliates (who are well aware of the problem) to remove these. Then unfortunately the same will happen days later. Have you noticed your wifi password gets lost within 24 hours yet? Sorry to say, the TV hardware is great - the software sux. Redbull tv etc are now complaining (will not work at all) due to "security reasons on Opera TV applet". I have had it with this crap...
Okay so I finally have DSTV Now and Showmax working perfectly on my TV. Prior this installing the firmware update, I could browse titles on DSTV Now and Showmax but was not able to stream anything. I would see the blue circle indefinitely.
I have a Hisense 55A6100UW. It "only" took a week to get this resolved. In an effort to help others, just follow my steps below and you'll be sorted ASAP:
The fix is to:
1. Download the firmware (.BIN file) from this link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YAlzY9FFiYuAPObMkx6fDwhueuImUg6K (This is my own Google Drive. The link/file WILL NOT DE DELETED)
2. Format a USB flash disk as FAT32.
3. Copy the .bin file as-is onto the root of the USB flash disk (Do not rename the file, do not put the file into a folder)
4. Put your TV on, and go to Settings > Support > System Update > Upgrade from USB
5. The TV will automatically detect that a firmware upgrade file exists on the USB. Click Yes or Ok to continue.
6. Your TV will now reboot and install the firmware. (It might stay at 1% for a while. This is normal. The progress bar will eventually move. DO NOT power off your TV during the firmware update process)
7. Once the firmware installs, your TV will reset to its factory default state.
8. Change your country to SA and after a few minutes you will see the Showmax and DSTV Now apps.
9. Log in to them and they will work perfectly. (Browsing titles and streaming)
NOTE: The firmware I have provided ONLY works on the following models:
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THEM ON ANY OTHER HISENSE MODEL.
ATTEMPT THE STEPS ABOVE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Glad they gave you a solution. I tried to get that link but they insisted that they send out a technician instead... So I am currently waiting for that to happen.
Upgrading the firmware fixed my problems too.
I emailed email@example.com requesting the firmware files for both my TV's. They responded with a WeTransfer link which I downloaded and installed.
After 6 months of posting on this forum and multiple calls and emails to Multichoice, it took someone in the community figure out the fix to this. I'm sure the development team is "working hard" on this problem.
@Grace_DStv1 , @TebogoM_DStv1, I for one am a very frustrated and disappointed DSTV customer. Although I doubt for a second that any care will be given to our level of frustrations, as we really are just a number in your books.
Please first try what we discussed 4 posts down (below).
1) contact hisense online (software download section - speak to consultant) and
get the software sent to you via link (large download)
2) extract file onto FAT32 flash and update firmware
3) reset to factory default
Good Day , Please advise if how to fix problem with Hisense 58A6100UW and DSTV Now app? My model is on the listed of supported models. The TV came installed with the DSTV Now app and I can access it however when I select something to watch the blue circle appears . Thank you
@sweetnonso- Supported models:-
Hi - I used the online inline chat with support person function, that pops up when you browse in the hisense.co.za website => software section.
Hope this helps
Can you please share the link you received from Hisense? I tried to contact them for about a week now but they just don't get back to me. I bought a 58A6100UW about 2 months ago and everything worked fine. Now I can only browse DSTV and streaming does not work.
Hi guys - sorry if this is a repost [Model# 55A6100UW]
[Problem : Hisense TV looses Wifi, DSTV/Showmax does'nt stream (you can only browse channels), TV freezes intermittently]
1) Contact Hisense service desk and have them send the latest link to the firmware for your TV.
[My file was a BIN (2.2GB zip download) for firmware I1330 - which is not mentioned on their tutorials]
2) Format USB drive for FAT32 - and copy file to it - then upgrade from USB in the Settings menu.
3) Don't be alarmed on reboot that DSTV/ShowMax icons might dissapear ;-)
[The important thing is that your TV now shows the latest firmware version]
4) Now reset your TV to factory defaults - your icons for DSTV/Showmax come back and all works!