Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

MediaBox Recommendations

SOLVED
6 REPLIES 6
Telenovela

Re: MediaBox Recommendations

Thanks again, Krugie. I appreciate the input.

Have a great week.

| Windows 10 - Chrome Browser | Afrihost 20Mbps Capped ADSL | Explora |

Red Carpet

@Uel_M wrote:

Thanks Krugie. 

Is connectivity ever a problem over WIFI?

Does it often freeze?

Does it constantly log you out of Dstv?

Can you use a browser (eg - Chrome) on it?

I have not had any connectivity problems at all but I must also mention that I don't use it all that often - a few times a week at most. I have also never had it freeze up on me or log me out of DSTV Now except for one time after a software update which is not that unusual.

A browser is a different story though. There are browsers available, including Chrome I think, but it is terribly clumsy and slow and difficult to use without a proper keyboard (which you can add but I don't have one) - so I don't use it for browser purposes at all - only downloaded apps. It is really not suited for surfing the Internet - at least not without a keyboard - but that is just my opinion.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).

View solution in original post

Telenovela

Thanks Krugie. 

Is connectivity ever a problem over WIFI?

Does it often freeze?

Does it constantly log you out of Dstv?

Can you use a browser (eg - Chrome) on it?

Red Carpet

I have the Xiaomi Mi Box S 4K mentioned in the article and it works 100% with both those apps. Note though that this box can only connect to your router via WiFi - not by using an Ethernet cable.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Telenovela

Thanks.

Have you tried any of them with Dstv Now and Showmax?

Anime

@Uel_M wrote:

Hi all Smiley Happy

Do any of you fine folks have recommendations on mediaboxes that I can connect a tv to run/stream Dstv Now, Showmax, etc?

Many thanks.

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/gadgets/312979-the-best-google-certified-android-tv-boxes-you-can-buy...

Highlighted
Telenovela

MediaBox Recommendations

Hi all Smiley Happy

Do any of you fine folks have recommendations on mediaboxes that I can connect a tv to run/stream Dstv Now, Showmax, etc?

Many thanks.