Welcome to DStv Now

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New DStv Now Apps for big screen viewing

Re: New DStv Now Apps for big screen viewing

I can't see that they will develop an app for our "old" tv's.....

New poster

Will this be remedied? Or are HU8700/9000 users going to be left in the dark?

Doin' it 4 Tv

... and thereby you're just falling further behind your competitors.... who doesn't require specific new'ish TVs to deliver a service... 

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Community Manager

Hi @Terminator1, the Samsung HU9000 (HU8500) (4K) and  the Samsung HU8700 (4K) were launched in 2014. Unfortunately, we only support certain Samsung smart TV models from 2015 onwards. 

Highlighted
New poster

Here is the list of supported Samsung TV's, which lists the KS8500as one of them, but the app is not available?

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/gadgets/272077-these-are-the-smart-tvs-that-can-get-dstv-now.html

My Samsung Smart TV  model is either the 

Samsung HU9000 (HU8500) (4K) or  Samsung HU8700 (4K)

Not sure which one. I know it doesn't have Tizen. I see the purchase date is January 2015. There was a Supersport app on the "store" that used to work untill a while ago. Now when opening/downloading the app, it just gives errors. I reckon there won't be apps made available for the old smart tv's...Smiley Happy

Community Manager

Hi Folks, the leanback devices form part of the 5 devices that can be registered on one Connect account.

• LG WebOS - The app should be available in the next couple of weeks.
  • If you are using a Samsung Tizen TV and cannot see the app on the App Store, then you might want to check the country that is set on the TV.

We’ve heard that some of our customers setup their TVs with country = United Kingdom. The App is only available on South African App Store.

Red Carpet

@Terminator1 wrote:

I guess it's to old..Smiley Happy

So is mine...

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).

Same for my Samsung curved....I guess it's to old..Smiley Happy

New poster

Not available on Samsung Tizen "App Store" for my KS8500 Smiley Sad