Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Online browser volume control request

6 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Online browser volume control request

Hi @Uel_M, sorry for the delayed response. Below is the response we received from the team: 

Thanks for the reminder and apologies for the lack of feedback. We think it’s a great suggestion and we’ve added it to the list of product enhancements we’re working through. We don’t have a specific timeframe for that to happen – agreed that it is not a major engineering undertaking but it does still take resources that at the moment are working through the pre-existing enhancements list. Thanks again for taking the time to make the suggestion – we really do appreciate it. 

Doccie

@Kagiso_DStv1 @Nontsiki_DStv1 so what's the feedback?

I opened this request 3 months ago and still nothing. Attached is a screenshot of me using some simple CSS to change the size of the Volume Slider....and it works. It took me 2 minutes.

You all are really letting down those with dexterity impairments.

If nothing's going to be done, rather just be open and tell me that the design team isn't interested so we can stop wasting each other's time...

| Windows 10 - Chrome Browser | Afrihost 8Mbps Capped ADSL | Explora |

Hi @Uel_M, we apologise for the delayed response. We're following up and we'll give feedback. 

Highlighted
Doccie

Hi there,

Any feedback on this?

Doccie

Thanks, appreciate it Smiley Happy

Community Manager

Hi @Uel_M  We are treating this with urgency and have asked the team to look into the matter. 

Doccie

Online browser volume control request

Hi there, 

I have a request for the volume control slider when watching any content on a browser.... I don't have great dexterity in my hands and the volume slider requires such specific mouse positioning to actually increase/decrease volume. The attached screenshot shows the cursor changed to the finger pointer tool (which I'm guessing indicates interaction) but because it's millimetres below the volume bar, clicking in that exact position does nothing. It takes me quite a while to have the finger tip cursor in the exact position to actually change anything. 

Could a +- button also be included for easier use or make the volume bar thicker?

Many thanks.