cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Remote recording stopped working

Community Manager

Re: Remote recording stopped working

Hi @Terminator1, apologies for the delayed response. 

Please see below with regards to Remote Recording.

Please note that Remote Recording has been disabled for all customers until such time a permanent solution can be implemented. We will advise once resolved. 

It's been 2 weeks and no feedback....Even after the pm's sent no feedback or anything....service is getting crappier by the day...Getting to the point where I wonder if all the monthly payments are worth it, as the apps/features are not working as advertised

MC, any help with this????????????????????????

I agree Geoff, but I didn't really have that much issues in the past.. Since the last upgrade on the app things went haywire.. Now to wait ages for dstv to fix this issue

Trending

it hardly ever works for me, 8/10 it wont work

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Red Carpet

The problem is obvious nothing to do with your decoders, EVERYTHING to do with poor maintenance on MCs website and or head end systems that are broken.   AGAIN.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted

Remote recording stopped working

On the DSTV Now app the remote recording used to work fine. SInce last week it stopped working. I get the error message "to make use of this feauture, ensure that your explora is connected" The explora is connected and the connectivity checker shows 5 green ticks and the remote recording function is enabled on the decoder. I can download catchup titles via the internet, so the connection is working fine. After a long struggle with the live chat section nothing has changed and still no success. I know when accessing the tv guide a program would have the record button in red and then I would have the option of the 2 decoders, now it's white and then the error message. WHen I access the tv guide via a browser I don't have an option to record any program, although in the past I could set a recording via my browser....Please assist