Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Remote recording stopped working

16 REPLIES 16
BoxOffice

Re: Remote recording stopped working

@Nontsiki_DStv1 wrote:

Please see below with regards to Remote Recording.

Please note that Remote Recording has been disabled for all customers until such time a permanent solution can be implemented. We will advise once resolved. 

Please advise what was your source of this info.... since your FB warriors are still happily unaware of this .....

"We understand, but we are still also trying to find the cause to the issue stated above. However, once we have received anything we will surely highlight and give you feedback on a resolution."

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode

I agree....Some communication would have been nice...

BoxOffice

What really sets (had another **bleep** here)  me off is that  MC doesn't have the decency to make this termination known to the public . This is what you get when searching Remote Recording 

Missing RR.jpg

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
BoxOffice

@Luke7777 wrote:

Can promise you, if I ask the Facebook Warriors right now why is my RR not working, they 'll ask for screenshots of my RR setup, etc. etc. etc.

As I was saying....

Can I have some feedback please ?

Hey, they have come back and we were informed your profile is okay and all is in order. Please try log out and log back in

Me : Still the same problem.. either "Get Connected' on the website or "No smartcards linked" on the app We hear you. Please send us screenshots of the errors.
Me: Pasting screenshot from my my DSTV Now app Thanks so much. Please give us a moment while we escalate for further assiatnce.

BoxOffice

@Optimist wrote:

@Luke7777 wrote:

...the apparent "termination" of the remote recording facility,  whjich was working just fine for years .... so **bleep** has changed ????

There's their new poorer tech quality online guide, which never even attempted to offer remote recording, so maybe that's the cause & holdup as the stubborn management probably won't let go of it.    

Well, the app has always (mostly) worked, and so does (did) guide.dstv.com.  So why not leave that in place, whilst employing someone,  that can do more than deregistering devices, to fix their online guide ?  and  I did not type **bleep** ^^^^

Showmaxed

@Luke7777 wrote:

...the apparent "termination" of the remote recording facility,  whjich was working just fine for years .... so **bleep** has changed ????

There's their new poorer tech quality online guide, which never even attempted to offer remote recording, so maybe that's the cause & holdup as the stubborn management probably won't let go of it.

BoxOffice

@Terminator1 wrote:

Now my app completely stopped working. Yesterday there was an error when trying to login/openening the app. That went away last night, just to be replaced by error 500...Video authentication error...this is beyond pathetic....and to think, DSTV wants to go Dishless next year....

DSTV Now was up the crappers yesterday.... App as well as website.  My remote recording has also gone awol, been waiting for more than a month now for feedback from their Facebook Warriors... utterly and completely useless...  

Not one of the ******* has bothered to come back and relay the apparent "termination" of the remote recording facility,  whjich was working just fine for years .... so **bleep** has changed ????

Can promise you, if I ask the Facebook Warriors right now why is my RR not working, they 'll ask for screenshots of my RR setup, etc. etc. etc.

Highlighted
Community Manager

@Terminator1, please try logging in and out of the App. Should sort out the problem.

Now my app completely stopped working. Yesterday there was an error when trying to login/openening the app. That went away last night, just to be replaced by error 500...Video authentication error...this is beyond pathetic....and to think, DSTV wants to go Dishless next year....

Very frustrating to have a complete part taken away...