Need help?

Simultaneous Streams??????

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Simultaneous Streams??????

Cool.

New poster

Hey guys,

Wow, thanks for all the response. I was unfortunately a little under the weather last week. Will attempt some of the ideas in this week and revert.

kind regards,

BoxOffice

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@Kombat1978, to make it clearer - it is 2 Live streaming services per account in this regard. Not per subscription. 

That sucks and is just plain wrong Smiley Sad It's not like the guy is getting discount for having 4 subscriptions linked to the same account.. it's for convenience sake. Yet he gets penalized and doesn't get the full value of his subscriptions... and MC wonders why they are losing marketshare... 

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Red Carpet

@Kombat1978, maybe you must try creating separate Connect ID's for each subscription and let us know whether it works or allows you to? Just use/create different e-mail addresses for each connect ID and see whether it allows you to add the different smartcards even though they are all linked to the same customer number?

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

No, I'm fairly sure (did one a few months ago) that new connect ID setups only work with a valid customer or account number, and each of them can of course have multiple smartcards.

I managed having two accounts under my name for many years, using my old and new ID numbers, but they eventually merged that automatically.

Other ways I know of can't be discussed publicly ;-)

Red Carpet

Very strange indeed. I would have thought it would most certainly be two per subscription - irrespective of who's name it is in. Surely you can create separate Connect ID's for each smartcard- as long as you have multiple e-mail addresses?

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

Very odd. So have to wonder how a person can get what they're effectively paying for then, MC don't allow one person to have multiple accounts?

Just putting it out there, I don't need an answer, and the OP can say if he does.

@Kombat1978, to make it clearer - it is 2 Live streaming services per account in this regard. Not per subscription. 

BoxOffice

Not sure why the OP hasn't tried it before posting....

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Showmaxed

@Grace_DStv1  , your contacts there are not reading the questions properly again.

Either way the answer is wrong anyway, using 3 decoder XtraView (XV) allows for a total of 5 devices.

The question isn't about general access use, it's about a complexity relating to that - multiple subscriptions (four of them), which happen to be on the same customers' account.

BTW, we were also told on the old forum by Marietjie (business division) that non-live content can be watched separately to the normal maximums, so including that option there is no limit. Unless it's been changed.

But don't let this last paragraph confuse the thread's question...

@  MC - at least half your problem is that your systems are too complicated :-/