cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

This device is currently registered to another user

New poster

Re: This device is currently registered to another user

I receive the following message when I want to register my phone on the DSTV Now app. It used to work fine, but all of a sudden I receive this message. 

This device is currently registered to another user. Please logon with the previous user's credentials, go to DStv Now Settings, select Manage Devices and remove the device. Logout of the App and login with your credentials.

Any help will be appreciated.

Tags (1)
Anime

Please support as I am stuck can't use my Tablet and can't share the message to Nontsiki_DSTv1

Tags (1)
New poster

Hi

I sent a message through this forum (Messages button top right) to Nontsiki_DSTv1, and gave him the info as mentioned by MorneV.  I would suggest also giving him the model of your phone, it's software version, and your device ID (can be found under "Manage Devices" in "Settings").  I must say that I was really impressed with the service. It took 2 days, but it's working now.  I suspect it may have been related to my version of Android (8) as that was the last thing that I was asked to supply before it started working. 

Good luck  

Highlighted
Viewer

Hi

So what did he say was the problem?

I have the same problem. Where can i get hold of this person please?

Thanks

Anime

Spoke to Nontsiki_DSTv1. He sorted my problem out. Works 100% now. Send him a PM. He will need your Connect ID email address. Smartcard Nuber and Device ID.

New poster

I am also seeing this error now although everything used to work fine.  Nothing has changed on either my device of my account to my knowledge.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

New poster

@MorneV wrote:

I receive the following message when I want to register my phone on the DSTV Now app. It used to work fine, but all of a sudden I receive this message. 

This device is currently registered to another user. Please logon with the previous user's credentials, go to DStv Now Settings, select Manage Devices and remove the device. Logout of the App and login with your credentials.

Exactly the same issue here - in the end I just deleted the App from my phone and use the App on the tablet which works fine - but it would be nice to have the App working on the phone as well 

HD PVR 2P - Twin LNB - 6 Way Multiswitch
Anime

This device is currently registered to another user