cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

This device is currently registered to another user

Community Manager

Re: This device is currently registered to another user

Hi @sweetnonso. The team would like to know if the device you're using is Google certified. We support devices that have Android 4.4.4 or newer. To find out if it is certified you can check through the play store on the device.

You also need to make sure that you are not running any software that would have “jail broken” the device. This would affect the device if you have other media playing software that interferes with ours. 

New poster

@Nontsiki_DStv1

Can't you guys fix this problem once and for all, maybe with an update, instead of this individual fixing through PM's?

I still have this same issue every few days, and i have to go to live chat each time for your colleagues to de-register my device. So i ask again, isn't there a permanent fix for this problem?

Please give me the courtesy of a response, no matter what that response might be. Thanks

Community Manager

Hi @Shafiq, please check your PM's. 

New poster

I have a new device ,  but it is registered to another dstv now account.  How can I get it deactivated if I don't know the account details?  Bought the device in private sale.  

New poster

I have a new device and it says it's already registered to another account.  How can the device be removed from the other account? 

Highlighted
New poster

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

Hi @Mythor - not sure what might be causing this, send the screenshot through to my private message. 

@Grace_DStv1 - Also need help. I'll pm you my device id.

New poster

Can DSTV please solve this issue for us, once and for all.

New poster

I thought that this had been sorted out, but when I came back home after a trip the same problem was back. Then on Saturday I thought let's try it for the rugby and suddenly it worked again. This morning when I wanted to watch the news the **bleep** message was back again. 

Why can DSTV not sort this out once and for all??? 

New poster

Sane issue... need help

Viewer

Hi 

I have the same problem my Device ID:fc841964-b818-3d8a-bd3e-2becf92669c7

Please asssit me to get this resolved as the Ryder Cup Starts today