cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

This device is currently registered to another user

New poster

Re: This device is currently registered to another user

I have the same problem and would like to get assistance on this issue. Can someone point me to the right place 

New poster

How do I get hold of this person, the forum manager. I have sent him a (private) message but no reply after many days

New poster

Thank you for your reply. The device (Apple tv box) however, is not shown anywhere except in the settings on the DStv app on the device itself. It shows that it is 'not registered' and when I click to register, the message says what I have quoted, that It is already registered to another user etc

Hi @ErnstV8 - certainly, PM your device ID and the email address used to register for your Connect ID profile. 

New poster

Hi

I have the same issue. @Grace_DStv1, can you maybe help?

@MikeG - we've responded to your PM. 

New poster

How do I get hold of Nontsiki_DSTv1 as I have tried to send him a message. Customer care told me to clear previous history-how?

Community Manager

Hi @sweetnonso. The team would like to know if the device you're using is Google certified. We support devices that have Android 4.4.4 or newer. To find out if it is certified you can check through the play store on the device.

You also need to make sure that you are not running any software that would have “jail broken” the device. This would affect the device if you have other media playing software that interferes with ours. 

New poster

@Nontsiki_DStv1

Can't you guys fix this problem once and for all, maybe with an update, instead of this individual fixing through PM's?

I still have this same issue every few days, and i have to go to live chat each time for your colleagues to de-register my device. So i ask again, isn't there a permanent fix for this problem?

Please give me the courtesy of a response, no matter what that response might be. Thanks

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Shafiq, please check your PM's.