Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How to view Primary Decoder recordings on 2nd TV

SOLVED
Highlighted
New poster

How to view Primary Decoder recordings on 2nd TV

My primary decoder is an Explorer 1 and my secondary decoder is a HD PVR P2. How can I watch recordings made on the Explorer, on TV2 which is RF connected to the HD PVR P2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Doccie

Re: How to view Primary Decoder recordings on 2nd TV

This will depend on what kind of setup you have. If you already have a heartbeat cable between the two decoders it will have to be from RF-out on the Explora to RF-in on the 2P for this to work. Then you just need to tune one of the channels on your 2nd TV to the same UHF channel as chosen in settings on the Explora (Settings/System Settings/UHF). Whatever is then shown or watched on the Explora can also be viewed on the 2nd TV. You can't view Explora recordings on the 2nd TV while watching something else via the Explora though - the 2nd TV will only show what is currently being shown/viewed on the Explora.

If you are using a Smart LNB you will need an additional RF cable from RF-out on the Explora to RF-in on the 2P. And then follow the same procedure.

Make sure the UHF channel chosen on the Explora is different from the UHF channel in the 2P's settings - by default they are different.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora1 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
3 REPLIES
Doccie

This will depend on what kind of setup you have. If you already have a heartbeat cable between the two decoders it will have to be from RF-out on the Explora to RF-in on the 2P for this to work. Then you just need to tune one of the channels on your 2nd TV to the same UHF channel as chosen in settings on the Explora (Settings/System Settings/UHF). Whatever is then shown or watched on the Explora can also be viewed on the 2nd TV. You can't view Explora recordings on the 2nd TV while watching something else via the Explora though - the 2nd TV will only show what is currently being shown/viewed on the Explora.

If you are using a Smart LNB you will need an additional RF cable from RF-out on the Explora to RF-in on the 2P. And then follow the same procedure.

Make sure the UHF channel chosen on the Explora is different from the UHF channel in the 2P's settings - by default they are different.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora1 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
New poster

Thank you very much. I am able now to play the recordings on the Explora and my wife (who had a spinal operation) can watch on TV2 in the bedroom to catch up on all the soapie episodes that she missed while in hospital!

Doccie

Pleasure! Smiley LOL