Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

101: 10 minutes early tonight!!!

8 REPLIES 8
Showmaxed

Re: 101: 10 minutes early tonight!!!

We may have a continuation of this problem tonight... :-/

Now don't get confused here - yesterday we were concerned with listings being 10 minutes early, tonight is instead about programs which normally run 10 minutes late... but that has now been "corrected" (??)

(Referring to Suits and Pearson)

Sorry if I'm being alarmist, but it seems too much of a coincidence for that to have also suddenly been sorted out. I'm fairly sure it's only been done this week.

So my concern is - does that mean those involved in these issues now thought it was also an error and without checking then incorrectly corrected it?? Time will tell...

And whatever the outcome, I'm too tired of this so doubt I'll be back on the thread.

EDIT: Just to say it was done correctly, however this is still a further example of how you're regularly confusing everyone really badly MC.

Doin' it 4 Tv

10 min 2.jpg

As I HAVE to record RH - my plan of action was: set MR for Modern Family & Will & Grace, and take my chances thereafter.

I have not checked the recordings yet, but given below reports and from my playlist:

Modern Family & Will & Grace - most likely recorded the entire show

The Enemy Within - most likely missing the last 10 minutes, will have to record repeat as CU has not downloaded

Catch 22 - only 7 minutes, guess EPG was updated and decoder did not know what to do, decorder set recording for repeat

A couple of notes from my side:

Firstly, I reported this issue very early, not only did MC not acknowledge the post, if they had paid attention, they had more then enough time to make corrections so that viewers recordings would not be affected. But, I also have to ask, is no one checking things at MC - why does it take a viewer to point out such an obvious and far reaching problem.

An apology - not sure I want this, or even the excuse for why this happened (would there even be anything reasonable to explain this). To me it seems to be plain incompetance - who changes the EPG for no reason. I think we should be gifted with someones head on a stake.

How are we supposed to have faith in anything MC has to say - no consistancy in service delivery, and very little interest in viewers wants and needs. I have put up with a lot over the years, but am beginning to ask myself, is it really worth it?

Showmaxed

Not quite, still isn't sorted out on some older decoders.

A wise company may post an apology. And reassurances... although those are becoming difficult to swallow now.

Does anybody here know of a more worthwhile forum please?

Red Carpet

Eventually got fixed at 20h00.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

My bet is that the EPG is wrong...

Indeed! I forgot to check earlier and now The Voice is already on - but just checked M-Net +1 (which has the same issues) and The Voice is showing on the EPG as starting 15:20 but it is only starting now at 15:30. So I hope  MC is ready for the deluge of viewers who will have ruined recordings through the day and evening!

And serves MC right for not paying attention to the forum in which case this could have been rectified by now!

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

My bet is that the EPG is wrong... we'll know in a few minutes.

And NO Lithium / MC, hiding the Mods away won't make us get more involved!

As a paying customer, just make sure my questions are answered please...

Red Carpet

And, importantly, are the programs actually starting at these strange times or is the EPG wrong and everybody is potentially loosing part of their recordings?

Showmaxed

The mistake seems to start with today's repeat of the same Chicago Med that gave you recording issues last night...

101 EPG times mess.jpg

How can you possibly miss something like this MC?

Doin' it 4 Tv

101: 10 minutes early tonight!!!

So the fun continues - MC, why is everything on 101 starting 10 minutes early tonight?? Totally stuffs up my recordings!!!

10 min.jpg