Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

120 Graham Norton - careless EPG editing

12 REPLIES 12
Showmaxed

Re: 120 Graham Norton - careless EPG editing

This morning another reminder has vanished, this time the one for next week.

It looks like this could go on every week, I'm done struggling and will make my own plan.

Showmaxed

Nope, lots more happened today so we're not done yet - here's a guide (excuse the pun) that should help work out the changes;

Later on my E14 and E16 SBR-triggered schedules vanished. Never came right.

I've just rebooted, now it makes sense.

E16 was still resetting itself and is now set up again.

E14 was removed, all related E15 repeat slots are now E15... so E14 is not being rebroadcast.

My count was still one too many - then discovered that my old vanished E15 reminder was back, which i could now manually delete.

@  MC and BBC - you really need to study this and take measures to prevent it reoccurring, it can cause so much confusion and loss. The main issue is to plan properly for breaks.

Showmaxed

@krugie wrote:
You have more confidence than me! I HOPE you are right and I am not... Man LOL

Turns out we're both sort of right...Stick Out Toungue.jpg

My maint. reboot sorted it out, and next week's is correctly marked as E16. But........

This week's only has the first repeat option. The rest of those are marked

as E14.

Now the question is if that's further carelessness, or an intentional effort by the channel to make right for those affected by this st00pid mistake (mostly st00pid 'cos they didn't take our help).

Ridiculous channel.

That's all folksStick Out Toungue.jpg

Highlighted
Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

Based on recent past issues I presume it will be sorted out in time tomorrow.

You have more confidence than me! I HOPE you are right and I am not... Man LOL

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

This has finally been corrected.

BUT, the SBR isn't engaging. Based on recent past issues I presume it will be sorted out in time tomorrow.

I'm done reporting EPG issues, at least until MC make a proper effort on their forum.

Showmaxed

Have to agree with all you say @krugie  , and am only back here for the sake of you and others re further and certain clarity.

Firstly please note that I don't plan to use the kudos system again, currently MC no longer deserve my feedback or that kind of interaction that suits their games.

It was a new episode, and Graham's New Year wishes confirmed it could only be episode 14.

I will remind MC that I have visual video proof that the previous episode was 13 (can even check before that), but can't be bothered to capture and post it.

They have fixed the SBR's metadata for next week - I have a scheduled recording set, but incorrectly for E14 instead of E15.

I will not be posting more, how this works out further, if at all, is for all to suffer and see.

Based on past experience, this is one of two problems - either not enough or inaccurate communication between the Mods and the EPG team, and / or the channel not cooperating in their stubbornness despite the proof supplied.

This is no longer tolerable, this forum is nearly a year old and our combined forum efforts to assist with such issues are over a decade old. If MC won't come out of its self-involved coma, not my problem.

Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

I guess after a whole day without feedback or real correction, any more discussion is pointless.

Indeed - such a sad state of affairs. Turns out it was indeed an EPG error so many people will probably now be missing out on this episode as it is not on CU either. And who knows what will happen next week - my series recording is still not picking up that episode either even though it has an unseen episode number.

I am really starting to wonder what the point of this community is. Unless you tag an MC person you are highly unlikely to get a response or for it to be noticed it seems. And even with a tag there are no guarantees....

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

I guess after a whole day without feedback or real correction, any more discussion is pointless.

Red Carpet

And  to add to this, the episode tagged as Episode 14 next week is not being scheduled by my series  recording. It has the indicator to show it is part of a series recording but it has not turned red so is not in my list of scheduled recordings. A total mess it seems.

Showmaxed

Further help for the EPG team;

(Note that I keep months of much of my recording schedule etc. info on video tape.)

Tue. 8 Jan. was E13.

Tue. 15 Jan. the series took a one week break (Graham did mention this).

Tue 22 Jan. (tonight) - should still be E14.