Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Abysmal EPG changes continue

10 REPLIES 10
Anime

Re: Abysmal EPG changes continue

my issue is related . I find that i want to record a program or set a reminder they disappear because the name has changed slightly especially on the sports programs. An example is the 7 rugby. the program say 7' Cup QF1 on Saturday on the EPG and then  at midnight it changes to  7' Cup QF1-SAvizNZ at exactly the same time. So what happens recording lost and reminder lost. This could be at 2am in the morning.

Is there no way you can keep it the name the same and just change the info

SB
New poster

Started watching the 1st program related to this week's F1 broadcast last night and already it's messed up. The F1 driver's press conference this is a recorded event so not live.. yet the EPG recording only got half of it.

I have resorted to setting manual 8 hour recording slots in order to watch all the F1 sessions.

*fail*

SB
New poster

Dbl post deleted

BoxOffice

What the hell is going on here.??!!! Friday there was an issue Saturday there was an issue and now SUNDAY There is another issue. All epg related Mars started recording at 8 and halfway through the recording just stopped no conflict nothing  seriously **bleep** 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Trending

The timesfor the rugby games were set/fixed long in advance - there were no delays or last minute changes?

Yes the Bulls game was abandoned half-time due to the terrible weather but this shows the EPG was wrong long before that. Unless the poster accidentally recorede the build-up instead of the actual game....

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

The issue here seems to be one out of our control. When it comes to live feeds, more so with sports events the delays do affect the scheduled recordings, only when those delays are communicated prior by say, PSL, UEFA etc can we then manually fix the times. In most cases, we also walk in blindly until crunch time as well. However, we are working on a system that can ensure that these risks are mitigated and just as flexi for decoders to be able to pick up such changes.

Tags (1)
SB
New poster

Thanks... appreciate the response.

Tags (1)
Doin' it 4 Tv

We are finding out for you from the EPG team for feedback as the event-based recording issue does not seem to stem from any hardware issues.

Tags (1)
SB
New poster

Explora 2

Tags (1)
Doin' it 4 Tv

Hi SB

Apologies about that, what model decoder are you using?

Tags (1)