Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Ancient Aliens S11 cut short

17 REPLIES 17
Red Carpet

Re: Ancient Aliens S11 cut short

I'm not going to guess why, but note that there's at least a 14th and 15th episode of this series as well now. Even though the repeating of E13 has continued, the season now premieres (when it actually does) on a Thurs. instead of a Fri. and has E14 premiering next week Thurs. the 24th and E15 on the 31st. And both are specials.

Edited for further detail.

Any more is for individuals to discover, I'm done posting about this.

Red Carpet

For others interested - next week is the last episode.

A new season is unlikely for quite a long time, despite the season number used this was actually their latest made in the last few months.

@Optimist - okay cool. Concerns noted. 

Red Carpet

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:
@Optimist- after changes were made on the episodes numbering as you had pointed out a month ago, did the series recording not work? 

Hi,

I've never re-done the SBR for this two-part season and it continued to work fine until the needs for this week (tonight).

(And as mentioned it's even ok for next week.)

Don't worry too much about the details though Grace, regulars know that History channel have made endless mistakes with this series for years ;-)

It's just the strange SBR behaviour that's now a general concern.

Thanks

@Optimist wrote:

Our S11E12 is now scheduled for this Friday night after all, and is currently reflecting on the EPG as a movie length special.

However @  Mods - please let the EPG team know that the SBR metadata for it has been screwed up, currently requires a separate recording setting.

It is also continuing on Fri. the 4th with S11E13. Anything beyond that is unknown and doubtful.

@Optimist - after changes were made on the episodes numbering as you had pointed out a month ago, did the series recording not work? 

Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

However @  Mods - please let the EPG team know that the SBR metadata for it has been screwed up, currently requires a separate recording setting.

This was never fixed. In fact, an "EBR" I had set instead disappeared a few hours after my last post here... ever since I've used a MR. The SBR never triggered anything positive.

* EBR is in quotes as the options list for this EPG slot has strangely also offered the "Cancel Season" option, which says the SBR should have worked...

Lastly, the SBR did trigger a recording schedule this morning for next Friday's E13.

Feedback MC?

Red Carpet

Our S11E12 is now scheduled for this Friday night after all, and is currently reflecting on the EPG as a movie length special.

It is also continuing on Fri. the 4th with S11E13. Anything beyond that is unknown and doubtful.

Red Carpet

It looks like S11 will be cut short after all.

Tonight is S11E11, nothing scheduled for next week.

Wiki reveals that for presumably much of the northern hemisphere the episode is known as being part of their most recent S13 - E12 of 13, so I don't hold out much hope of it returning for just one (or two) of the episodes.

Again strange, but the behaviour of this series through the years have shown those of us interested that this is atypical of this channel.

At least they started showing the series again, many thanks for that.

@Optimist - the episodes have been updated.

Highlighted

@Optimist - EPG confirmed that the episodes will be updated within 24 hours. And we'll also monitor this on our end as well.