Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DStv switches the old TCM for the action-film channel TNT

5 REPLIES 5
Showmaxed

Re: DStv switches the old TCM for the action-film channel TNT

I've since looked at the EPG - mostly seen it all, or never wanted to. It's a bit like 112 but with more mature content, should have the occasional offering of interest.

Channel 137 does still cater for all the DStv packages. Years ago as TCM, it was only for one or a couple of the highest packages (in this country) so more could be expected from it then.

Red Carpet

Leaves me cold and indifferent. What these marketing types think is a good idea  is just rubbish. Change the name make a hype about nothing and then leave everything the same except for the added technical glitches.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doin' it 4 Tv

Took a look at the movies for the coming week and cannot say there's much to get too excited about. Make no mistake, there are some good ones there, but they've mostly been seen on TCM anyway. Like all these channels there's the repeats within the same week but time will tell just how many times a film is repeated. 

However, I have noticed that this channel too displays a logo at the top right and top left of the screen. One advertising the next movie which is totally ridiculous and the other the TNT Logo which is large and bright. So, for me, it's bye bye TNT and that's it. You won't have me as a viewer. 

Showmaxed

Channel looks ok in adding to the wider choice of movies IMO, but agree with @Beetle that there's a lack of coverage for the older movie interests. Still, that article does make it clear that it's not a popular choice anymore.

However they're off to a bad start on their EPG - this afternoon's The Green Mile (recommended) is long at 3 hrs. 5 min., but not as long as listed - 5 hrs. 10 min. Roll Eyes (Sarcastic).jpgEmbarrassment.jpg

Doin' it 4 Tv

I'm always a bit disappointed when a channel showing the older movies disappears from our tv screens but to be honest I've hardly bothered with TCM recently. Their big advertising logos of upcoming shows has totally put me off this channel. That, and the repeats that are still being shown. Although I may be wrong about the repeats these days because I'm no longer keeping a record of the films shown on this channel. 
As for MC changing TCM for an action channel TNT? We already HAVE MNET ACTION so why bother with another action channel? However, not having seen what's being shown on this NEW channel I'll have to reserve judgement on whether this is a good or bad move. But the way MC has been going recently I'm more inclined to think that it's another bad move. 
As others will already know I prefer my movies to have a decent and plausible (within reason) storyline which most of the modern day action movies seem to lack. These days movies mostly consist of constant swearing, sex and as many large explosions as possible with the storyline mostly being built around such things. 
Just wish there was rather some other channel that MC could have introduced to cater for us oldies. The younger generation have enough channels showing movies aimed at them already. 

Oh well, thanks for this info Krugie. Never knew about it but will shortly be taking a look at the tv Guide to discover what we can "look forward to seeing" on this new channel. 

As for MC and this Community Forum? What a waste that this information wasn't conveyed to us or to the General Public, Earlier today I was on Twitter and never saw anything about this change. Yet another sign of how MC/DSTV has gone downhill and is continuing to do so. 

Red Carpet

DStv switches the old TCM for the action-film channel TNT

Not sure how happy @Beetle is going to be about this but it applies as of TODAY. No announcement about this anywhere (that I saw) - not even in the newsletter... why MC? It just further highlights the un-usefulness of this community as well.

http://teeveetee.blogspot.com/2018/09/after-23-years-on-multichoices-dstv.html

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).