cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Day 8 EPG titles and descriptions blank

Red Carpet

Re: Day 8 EPG titles and descriptions blank

No, nothing has changed. MC is on a mission to kill us all off, plain and simple.

1. MC does not want to support older decoders

2. MC is trying to phase out multiview capability in general.

3. MC hates the idea that some of us have view 2 record 4 capability

4. MC is determined to eliminate the 3-decoder XV setups.

5. All that will be left is view 2 record 2.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
Action

@Doug wrote:

@Julia_DStv1 wrote:

Hi Doug. The decision was made due to lack of space on the HDPVR decoders. There are no plans to reconsider the removal. Sorry. 

Help me, I don't understand.... we were told that additional channels caused the lack of space long ago, but now there are even less channels than there were before, which I guess is why they, without us even asking, added 8th day descriptions to the 8th day titles recently, which made us very happy.

No more of anything has been added... where did the space go? What is using up the space now? Can we do without whatever is eating the space and have day 8 back again please?! It's important! More important than some unseen, probably pointles space taker. Smiley Frustrated

Even at DSTV's peak, with Edge, we at least got the day 8 titles; there was enough space for that. Sorry, but in the absence of a sensible explanation; I believe we are being fobbed off with untruths. Smiley Mad

..... and so???!! Have they come to their senses yet??!! Smiley Frustrated

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.
Action

@Julia_DStv1 wrote:

Hi Doug. The decision was made due to lack of space on the HDPVR decoders. There are no plans to reconsider the removal. Sorry. 

Help me, I don't understand.... we were told that additional channels caused the lack of space long ago, but now there are even less channels than there were before, which I guess is why they, without us even asking, added 8th day descriptions to the 8th day titles recently, which made us very happy.

No more of anything has been added... where did the space go? What is using up the space now? Can we do without whatever is eating the space and have day 8 back again please?! It's important! More important than some unseen, probably pointles space taker. Smiley Frustrated

Even at DSTV's peak, with Edge, we at least got the day 8 titles; there was enough space for that. Sorry, but in the absence of a sensible explanation; I believe we are being fobbed off with untruths. Smiley Mad

Showmaxed

It's good to see MC communicating over sensitive issues, but the response makes no sense. What has been added to make space less now??

Doubt we'll hear more, but I can only think further authentication involved junk is a possibility since they're not developing these decoders anymore. That's where MC have lost their balance, and are likely to continue to suffer consequences.

What I can confirm is it's far worse on some even older decoders.

Action

Please respond with information that they are reconsidering restoring day 8 to HDPVR decoders!!

Removing it is just not acceptable! Smiley Mad

Action

@Julia_DStv1 wrote:

We've been informed that Day 8 has been permanently removed from HDPVR decoders. 

Unacceptable!!! Please inform them to rethink their position and remind them that there are loads of subscribers who may not be able to keep up with DSTV's changing technology and are stuck with their older decoders, but who are nevertheless faithful DSTV followers who deserve more respect than this!!!! Smiley MadSmiley Frustrated

Showmaxed

And they've just got rid of a whole lot of channels, so this isn't an EPG capacity problem. How about posting a reason why MC, since you've just messed up so many people's usage, again!

Red Carpet

Absolutely disgusting! But this is exactly what MC did to the SD PVR. They gradually and deliberately kept on messing around with the decoder until it became ni on impossible to use the decoder reliably.

For a few weeks now, we have seen numerous funny things going on with the older decoders. All sort of old errors back, inexplicable loss 4 times a day of linear TV, the buffer being cleared for no apparent reason, and strange errors after the authentication process completes. If recordings are in progress, there is no way out but to abandon the recordings or wait until they have completed before you can restore live TV viewing and access to the buffer.

This morning, it was E 133 error message that would not clear without a full reboot.

8-day EPG is now completely gone, not just the detail, but the whole EPG for the 8th day.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Action

@Julia_DStv1 wrote:

We've been informed that Day 8 has been permanently removed from HDPVR decoders. 

WHAAAAT!?!?! Smiley Mad

Why the heck would you do that?! How does it hurt DSTV to provide this facility?! Smiley Mad

It certaily hurts me/us! Smiley Frustrated

Are we not valued Premium etc, subscribers as well, or are we the "throwaways"?! Smiley Mad