Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Day 8 of EPG blank today

SOLVED
48 REPLIES 48
Action

Re: Day 8 of EPG blank today

Highly annoying! Smiley Mad They simply refuse to replace day 8 on the HDPVRs, for no good reason and just ignore our pleas!! They nevertheless continue to happily accept my Premium subscription fees whilst reducing the value thereof. Smiley MadSmiley Frustrated

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.
Showmaxed

Explora 1 is missing day 8 again. Seems to be wider spread this time as the old online guide can't access the most recently added day.

Hi Doug. Nothing still. 

Action

@Doug wrote:

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@Doug, we'll pass this on to the developers and decoder support teams to look into. However, nothing has changed since the previous communication with the teams. Should there be anything new, we'll post. 

The whole point is to inform them they've done wrong, for no good reason, and to make it right. Smiley Frustrated

@Grace_DStv1 : Have the "support (?)" teams come to their senses yet? We want Day 8 back please!!! Smiley FrustratedSmiley Sad

Highlighted
Showmaxed

A bit of a twist in the tale unfortunately - I've been seeing more partially stuck behaviour in the last week or two so perhaps there's a relation here, which I expect is further extreme security changes as there's very little further change to the channel count going on (even with ROA) :-(

Anyway, the reboots were still unrelated, seemed to be about unfolding hi band plans... which is more strange as these SD PVRs physically couldn't have ever handled that properly so they shouldn't have been involved.
Too many experiments and interfering cooks, not so MC? To us customers it really looks too often like we're only afterthoughts at best or being badly manipulated at worst, and in a very poor economy to boot.
So even if I had the further time and interest, doubt I will choose to add any more, as I keep saying it's not really fruitful for anyone anymore. Prove me wrong MC?

@Doug, we'll pass this to the teams. 

Action

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@Doug, we'll pass this on to the developers and decoder support teams to look into. However, nothing has changed since the previous communication with the teams. Should there be anything new, we'll post. 

The whole point is to inform them they've done wrong, for no good reason, and to make it right. Smiley Frustrated

Action

MC and @Grace_DStv1 : This discussion makes it clear that there is no justification for removing Day 8 from the HDPVR decoders! Please refer this mistake back to the powers that be and have the service restored as soon as possible! Thank you Smiley Happy

Showmaxed

Another factor we need to cover - there are problems being experienced by one Forumite here on HD PVRs, but those circumstances are since believed quite unique. That person has had what is now believed to be related problems, reported on the forums for years, on ANY decoder types that were in use.

So, if that's why MC made this removal again, it's falsely based. This can be backed up with detail if you want me to contact you, @Grace_DStv1  maybe then best if it's through you as you understand more about all my and others' history here.

Now please don't forget my earlier mention of my adjusted and now properly working SD PVR, which has been tested by me for months - as some at BTD know, I do understand quite a bit about this, so am certain that my SD PVR now works without any serious problems and that memory capacity was not the main concern after all.

Now we add to that the fact that the HD PVRs did not develop such problems at the same time years ago. Whatever may have happened with them, they certainly additionally have far less of a memory concern as they are many years younger so have more modern technology.

Lastly, I will give you a clue as to my findings MC - I believe a particular test channel is responsible for most or all of the final fall-over behaviour that was seen on the SD PVRs, but only BTD can investigate that further. For any more you would have to professionally consult with me.