Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Day 8 of EPG blank today

SOLVED
Telenovela

Re: Day 8 of EPG blank today

Day 8 EPG titles are back; prob just another glitch on their side.

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.
BoxOffice

Tried to set a recording on ch. 299 - reveals that it's related to a test channel visible (if looking beyond My Channels) on all decoders called "F2197".

Its i-Plate details confirm.

Related to the problem or not, why is someone misusing the EPG for this?? It's not even destined for our pair of satellites!

BTW, have a look at seasonal ch. 198 (in the main bouquet on older decoders) - also shows on its i-Plate that some odd new channel obviously not finally meant for 198 is being tested there, in the mainstream channel area!

This company is out of control. And I'm not willing to be one of those who help it see its idiocies any further.

BoxOffice

8th day still blank. Info for day 7 is back. No CH 299 visible.
Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

There's also a recently misplaced channel entry on the EPG on some decoders, there's no such actual channel present:

Channel 299 "NTAi"

Seems to be something Nigerian, based on some of the synopses.

Related?...

QA MC, QA!

BoxOffice

I decided to check my SD PVR's normal performance as well, something I don't do that often anymore but for the first time in ages it hasn't rebooted yet.

Whatever is going on, the timing is too coincidental with all the other recent disasters. MC is clearly trying to cut corners again... and still don't understand that looking after their customers' needs is the main corner they should be concerned about.

They probably still think that they're a monopoly...

BoxOffice

I quickly checked my 2P - hardly ever use it nowadays - and it has the same problem.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
BoxOffice

Please let us know if / when it's working again.

And can anyone confirm if the 2 tuner HD PVR's (2P / 2U) are also affected, fairly sure they had the same EPG?

Telenovela

1st ever for me since they changed day 8 (counting the current day), to show titles only with no info a couple of years ago. Up to this moring, I've been seeing day 8's titles. (Today being Friday, I refer to the EPG for next Friday which should have titles). I can now only see up to next Thursday; titles and info. I don't know if it's been taken away from today or if it's just another EPG glitch that will return later. Smiley FrustratedSmiley Surprised

I do all my forward planning by perusing day 8 each day. Smiley Mad

BoxOffice

@Doug wrote:

Just me, or can others see any titles on day 8 (next Friday), of the EPG?

No we all see it as blank. Even day 7 is without detailed info.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
Telenovela

Day 8 of EPG blank today

Just me, or can others see any titles on day 8 (next Friday), of the EPG?