Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Day 8 of EPG blank today

SOLVED
Nominee

Re: Day 8 of EPG blank today

Must have been a brain fart, not expecting them to reply either... why would they on their own forum...

Another thing in that article that doesn't make sense (it's referring to the 2P);

The models listed below need to be updated to receive both low and high-band frequencies:

• TDS865IMC (2-tuner PVR) in an XtraView installation.
Trending

@Optimist wrote:

Hopefully MC will respond here and correct them there.

I don't know whether I will be more shocked or more surprised if that happens. There has been no significant response from MC to anything on here for some time now - apart from the channel highlights.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Nominee

Thanks Krugie.

What confusing nonsense!! Hopefully MC will respond here and correct them there.

1. The channel appears to be SD only and that sits on 11170 H which is very much Low Band. I think the chances of it having a HD equivalent are very unlikely.

2. We've had High Band channels for ages already. What we haven't had is anything from 11928 and upwards yet, for which changing some equipment may still be necessary for some users.

Perhaps they're planning to move the channel shortly, but no sign of the higher-still transponders yet...

At least Geoff and I both worked out that this is what they were probably up to, among other things.

Trending

@Optimist wrote:

Now things get weird - my other concern, ch. 299 was added to all s/c today and appears to be intended for us as well, certainly working on Premium right now. I wonder if it's on all incl. EasyView.

There is an article on MyBroadband today about this being the first channel on high-band - and how some decoders or installations will need to be upgraded to received future high-band channels.

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/broadcasting/277649-old-dstv-decoders-will-most-likely-need-to-be-rep...

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Nominee

Now things get weird - my other concern, ch. 299 was added to all s/c today and appears to be intended for us as well, certainly working on Premium right now. I wonder if it's on all incl. EasyView.

The question is why?

The ch. number suggests a new "genre", and it's near enough the other regional interests. My conclusion is that it's for Nigerians living in southern Africa. We'll likely never know for sure though, given the pss-poor info we're given on THEIR forum these days...

Anyway, again, examples of this kind of wrong fiddling on our EPG have been seen in the past.

Nominee

Ok, I stand partially corrected... this time, I've seen stuff on those 198 / 199 channels before that could only belong to something foreign.

There were also some other 19x examples some of you may remember, I made a fuss back then as well - before 195, (196) & 197 got used up.

Trending

@Optimist wrote:

BTW, have a look at seasonal ch. 198 (in the main bouquet on older decoders) - also shows on its i-Plate that some odd new channel obviously not finally meant for 198 is being tested there, in the mainstream channel area!

OUTtv pop-up channel is mean to launch there some time this week for about a month. I can't remember where I read about it or the exact date - it might have been on Thinus. 

OutTV broadcasts general entertainment and lifestyle programming aimed at the LGBT community.

Romance

Day 8 EPG titles are back; prob just another glitch on their side.

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.
Highlighted
Nominee

Tried to set a recording on ch. 299 - reveals that it's related to a test channel visible (if looking beyond My Channels) on all decoders called "F2197".

Its i-Plate details confirm.

Related to the problem or not, why is someone misusing the EPG for this?? It's not even destined for our pair of satellites!

BTW, have a look at seasonal ch. 198 (in the main bouquet on older decoders) - also shows on its i-Plate that some odd new channel obviously not finally meant for 198 is being tested there, in the mainstream channel area!

This company is out of control. And I'm not willing to be one of those who help it see its idiocies any further.

Red Carpet

8th day still blank. Info for day 7 is back. No CH 299 visible.
Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM