Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Failed episode recordings

SOLVED
Doccie

Re: Failed episode recordings

I personally found that leaving the safety net at the default values (+2  -1) work best with SBR. Extending the safety net cause a lot of failed recordings and and sometimes recording conflicts. Specifically if you used multi channel recordings that is if you schedule recordings over a wide range channels .    

BoxOffice

Hi Val,

Bottom line is that MC have made a huge mess of things, which is still at large a week later, and we believe was totally avoidable.

We've had an admission and apologies, little else.

SBRs (series based recordings) are the main concern that are maybe best avoided if you can't babysit throughout.

EBRs (once-off EPG recordings) may do enough, we're recommending MRs (manual recordings).

BoxOffice

There are several posts & discussions about this in the PVR section of the forum as well as others in the section, for example the one with the subject asking for a response from MC.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Highlighted
Anime

Failed episode recordings

This week I had two failed episode recordings - Unforgotten on 119 S3E2 on Tues 20h00 did not record at all.  Then A Very English Scandal on 101 S1E3 on Thur 23h00-00h00 recorded for only 5 mins.  This has never happened to me before - the reason ?